Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gives the hobby a bad name

BobW55

Ran across this while surfing. No wonder many states want to outlaw lasers.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/tracker.shtml

When you find the aircraft you would like to SkyTag™, simply select it. Then quickly look outside to make sure no black helicopters are approaching. If they are, quickly hide your SkyTag™ and proceed to watch TV or something. If all is clear, then proceed...
A successful tag is indicated by the onboard LCD display and by a high-pitched ringtone. Congratulations! Successful back-to-back tags might even earn you a complimentary visit from your local FBI office!

If you click on the buy it or add to cart button it says it's a hoax. I came across that a year ago.
Yet I still don't have a laser lol.

S

SenKat

Uhm - you DO realize that this is part of the thinkgeek tradition - april fools jokes ! They also have had - "Wireless power plugs", "USB Tanning lamps" and numerous other crazy non-existent items to offer ! ;D ;D ;D

T

timelord

Maybe we'll have to think up some good wind up's here LOL!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

S

SenKat

BobW55 said:
I know it was just "Think Geek" being GEEK, but how many idiots will actually try it !!

It DOES make you wonder how many idiots there are - I'll bet there was a ressugance of morons that thought they could fly when the Superman Returns movie came out, too....thankfully there is a TINY bit of common sense left, and the gene pool only gets stronger when idiots do that crap.

K

kingzilla

SenKat said:
[quote author=BobW55 link=1180802718/0#8 date=1180879817]I know it was just "Think Geek" being GEEK, but how many idiots will actually try it !!

It DOES make you wonder how many idiots there are - I'll bet there was a ressugance of morons that thought they could fly when the Superman Returns movie came out, too....thankfully there is a TINY bit of common sense left, and the gene pool only gets stronger when idiots do that crap.[/quote]

Reminds me of those commercials for the "red Bull" energy drink, how it say "red bull-gives you wings" and some idot thought that was true, so he drank red bull and then jumed off a building! Well, now the red bull company has a waning message in their commercials. ::)

Kenom

I'm all for the gene pool getting cleansed. At my work I see a lot of do it yourself mechanics who think they are mechanics and shouldn't even be touching tools let alone owning a car!

"uhhh this guy down at the shop told me I need a radiator for a 1975 volkswagen beetle. Do you have any in stock?" Umm, sir. Beetles didn't have radiators.

SenKat said:
Uhm - you DO realize that this is part of the thinkgeek tradition - april fools jokes ! They also have had - "Wireless power plugs", "USB Tanning lamps" and numerous other crazy non-existent items to offer ! ;D ;D ;D
Yea that is a Hoax, BUT there are in development wireless power plugs; they are going to be low powered for cell phone wireless charging; there are already some alpha perhaps even beta versions out there right now, very expensive at the moment last time I checked, but are expected to come down in price after further development on them. Still I think they are going to be too expensive initially for the average user.

S

SenKat

Oh - there are inductive chargers all over the place - electric toothbrushes, electric razors - it charges just be sitting on the stand. The wireless power outlets they had "advertised" were absolutely NUTS ! The description went into great detail, to the point where it made you almost want to order them ! "Transmits power via uni-directional low frequency microwave energy"... LOL !!!

Kenom

I always wondered how the hell those toothbrushes charged!!! confused the hell out of me. IT"S MAGIC MARTHA!