Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Give me your tired, your poor...

cd520

think the reason you havent gotten any responses is they are incredibly difficult to kill

i actually smoked one (literally smoke came out of it) and after I let it cool down it started working again at the same power as pre-smoking!

my question is, at what current level was this?

W4NX

i am still trying to figure out if my first 445 is dead or not. i will be trying to make some time for it before monday and let you know! pm me your address, ill drop it in the mail as soon as i get a chance.

also, new colossus, although its been said, i knew it from the damn title.

PM sent.

This macro lens when extended all the way out at 5x magnification has a depth of field of about 4mm. I'd like to take multiple shots moving the camera forward 2mm at a time then stacking the photos using some software to produce an uber high res shot where the entire diode is in focus. If anyone was curious about how it's going to be accomplished. :eek:

They're tough, but not impossible to kill. I had one that got wasted due to a voltage spike, and it was dead as a doornail. I threw it out though, since it was before folks were doing photo research..

Here's some sweet pics that were posted over on PL by krazer (www.krazerlasers.com):

3249-445nm-casio-diode-active-area-photo-credit-krazer-www-krazerlasers-com.jpg

3250-445nm-casio-diode-photo-credit-krazer-www-krazerlasers-com.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that pic with the x over it is amazing! just think, that blob at the top is one of the three bond wires for that connection. The emitting area at its widest dimension looks like it's about half the width of one of those bond wires.

TTerbo

i have an LED 445 with a rckstr driver in a HS
PM me i guess