Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Getting the LD from a burner

Gazoo,
I thought it waS A NEW PIC.
As I remember now, it was a Cannon 120A or something, in macro mode.
Thanks!

BTW It's great not to fill up a stupid fossil tank anymore. LOVE IT ;D
EXON offered me a blank check for the JETMOBILE you gave me.
Of course, I just gave them a blast of antigravity and dissapeared on them. ;D ;D ;D

Gazoo

;D The Jetmobile is priceless...I wished myself one too...glad you like it.. ;D

Gazoo

Kaspar, ignore the drawings! Since this is your very first attempt as this, I was suggesting you put it in a small project box. All you need is a switch....use the rest of the components you have. Once you get the feel for it and get to know what you are doing, then move on to something smaller.

OR you could just buy a cheap flashlight that has enough room for your components and go from there. I will also tell you that to get the full benefit from this diode, it will require THREE batteries. But we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Start out with two batteries as planned.

All I have now is..

The top of a AIXZ module with a lens
10 ohm resistors 1/4 wat
10 ohm resistors 1/2 wat
.1 UF cap
.01 UF cap

What would I do with this?

Gazoo

You can put 4 of the 1/4 watt 10hom resistors in parallel. This will give you 2.5 ohms resistance. You should have picked up the 47uf 35 volt capacitor while you were at Radio Shack.

What do you mean by all you have is the top of an Aixiz module..what happened to the other half?

I might be able to find the bottom half of it in the garbage can(my dad threw it out, cause he thought i didnt need it). I thought i only needed the top and the lens.

Ill pick up a 47uf 35 volt cap tommorwo at RS, anything else I should pick up(ie-AA battery holder)

Also, do you think I could fit it all into a Altoids Gum Box? Also, can you please draw me a picture or something in text on how it should look like on the inside?

Thanks Gazoo.

Gazoo

Kaspar389 said:
Can you draw a little picture in paint on how it should look, please? :-[

You draw it...and I will check it for you.. ;)

Okay, heres my first try

6ewjl0k.png

Is there anything else I should get at radioshack, cause, Im buying some 10 ohm 1/4th wat resitstors, a switch, AA holder, 47 UF cap.

Should I get some diffrent type of resistors, or anything to make it more powerful. The more power the better.

Gazoo

;D My drawings are worse..lol. But you did it correctly. The capacitor will be marked with the negative side, so just make sure you hook it up correctly.

Don't get anything else for now. Lets get this working first and take things slow and one step at a time. After you get this working, I will give you tips for more power. If you get a project box, make sure it is big enough for a three battery holder. But for now get a 2 AA battery holder. Using everything you have listed, it will burn like crazy.

Oh yeah, and be very careful with your eyes.. ;)

I wont be able to get to a electronic store for about, a month after tommorwo, so can you tell me what I should buy to make it burn good.

Damnit..I wanted to use a small altoids gum tin, cause..well its small, but good to work in. Only a AA will fit in it though.