Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Getting the LD from a burner

Gazoo

Kaspar, I already said it would burn good with the parts you listed. Don't worry, if you get this going it will keep you happy for a month and you will need to get goggles for burning up close, so there is no hurry.

Oh, I thought you were ganna tell me that i should buy something else later, and I wouldnt be able to.

Thanks

Ill prob get it done this week, pics will be up.

Gazoo

I made an error on one of my posts above and edited it. Clipping any resistors out of the circuit will result in decreased power :p

I should have said adding a resistor will result in increased power. However the resistors come in packs of 5, so you are still good to go.

Wait, I thought resistors controll energy.

Two double aa's are 3 volts......4 resistors would...make it like..2.5?

Also,l can I just use wire instead of LED type leads? Also, can I connect wire to the back of the pins of the LD?

Gazoo

Kaspar389 said:
Wait, I thought resistors controll energy.

Two double aa's are 3 volts......4 resistors would...make it like..2.5?

I am not sure with the open can diode what the voltage will be off hand. You have a meter so measure it.. ;) I know and remember a 2.2 ohm resistor worked well with the open can. You will have 2.5 ohms...not enough of a difference to worry about it. The resistors are controlling the amount of current going to the diode.

You can solder wires directly to the legs of the diode but you must be very quick.

The whole point to all of this is to get the diode working first. You might even want to think about leaving it in the heatsink, and find another way to mount the lens at least until you get it working. Take it slow and one step at a time.

Okay well, how do I find votage? Wouldnt more current, mean more power? Thus, cutting one or two resistors, wouldnt it mean more voltage?

Im trying to learn all this stuff, lol.

Also, do I have to be quick with a lead?

Thanks alot Gazoo.

Gazoo

Kaspar389 said:
Okay well, how do I find votage? Wouldnt more current, mean more power? Thus, cutting one or two resistors, wouldnt it mean more voltage?

Im trying to learn all this stuff, lol.

Also, do I have to be quick with a lead?

Thanks alot Gazoo.

http://www.1728.com/resistrs.htm

And look here for ohms law...study it:

http://www.the12volt.com/ohm/ohmslaw.asp

You have to be quick soldering to the legs of the diode don't get too hot.