Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Getting a laser pen into Australia

Have recently tried to buy a 2w laser Pointer from dragon lasers and it got seized by customs :(

I know they are illegal here but surly there are some other companies that can get them through customs. The only other place that I can find that will try and send me one and refund me if I don't receive it is luck laser, and I don't really know to much about these guys so not sure if I want to risk it.

Does anyone know much about luck laser and the quality of there lasers or of any other companies that can get lasers into the country or does anyone know of anyone who is in Australia and can build me a custom one?? Or can anyone buy me one in and sell it to me?!?
I've been trying for quite awhile now and have never managed it yet.

Any information would be great.

Thanks guys.

Australian customs are the worst I've heard. You could try again with Dragon or (dare I say it) Wicked Lasers if you don't mind waiting a while, over paying a bit, and meh cuatomer service. I know others complain about them, though your laser is supposedly shipped to a local hub in bulk, then each lasers is individually shipped out domestically, bypassing customs altogether. The downside to Wicked is they are over priced, and it will take a month or so to get your order. Customer service has been OK for me, they are prompt in responding to emails, though that is really the only way to know what's happening to your order with them. If you would prefer a higher quality product at a better price, your best bet is just to try Dragon again. I wouldn't touch Luck Laser with a 400ft pole. Seriously, what kind of name is "Luck Laser"? Just my two cents.

You could try sending the laser to another country like the UK first, then having the tail cap and host shipped separately. When importing from the UK it is less likely to be seized by customs.

Your best bet is probably to build one. Get individual components and assemble. It's really not that hard. Especially if your willing to pay the price for a 2w laser from any company. But that's just me for I am speaking for the legal spots

Last edited:
try maybe laserbtb, i think someone from a group buy before in australia got his without any problem, best is to ship with DHL maybe, regular mail maybe is a no go and i think they have a policy if u dont get your laser u get money back cant hurt to try that.

Have recently tried to buy a 2w laser Pointer from dragon lasers and it got seized by customs :(

I know they are illegal here but surly there are some other companies that can get them through customs. The only other place that I can find that will try and send me one and refund me if I don't receive it is luck laser, and I don't really know to much about these guys so not sure if I want to risk it.

Does anyone know much about luck laser and the quality of there lasers or of any other companies that can get lasers into the country or does anyone know of anyone who is in Australia and can build me a custom one?? Or can anyone buy me one in and sell it to me?!?
I've been trying for quite awhile now and have never managed it yet.

Any information would be great.

Thanks guys.

I would order from sci fi lasers for quality and power! Its a good investment according to reviews and customer service for me has been great. just waiting for mine to arrive. Ask joker to see if he can send some parts of the laser in seperate boxes maybe? It will be less obvious that its a laser. http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/s...5w-blue-1w-green-1w-red-crazy-sale-90070.html

Having recently watched a bunch of episodes of that Australian border security show you'd have to be insane to try an import a laser there. They damned near arrested one guy for bringing in one in his carry on bag.

Australia has very strict laws regarding the importation of lasers (among other things) that are rigorously enforced. Sadly thanks to idiots lasing planes the US is heading that way too. If you really want to try to order a laser I'd probably buy the individual components (which may not make it past customs because your address may be temporarily flagged by Australia Post and/or Customs due to the recent seizure. I wouldn't attempt to import a build laser either for that reason.) and build it yourself or have someone knowledgeable about electronics build it.

You have my sympathizes for your loss because I was sweating bullets while waiting for my 589nm and 473nm to clear customs and was quite relieved when they did. Those two lasers cost several "pretty pennies" and I'd have been royally pissed if they'd been seized.