Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Getting a laser into Australia :)

puyol5

Hey everyone this is my first post and i became interested in lasers when I was overseas and bought one but couldnt bring it back :(

I really really want another hand held green laser between 50 and 100 mw but due to silly people they are banned to import which sucks :( Does anyone know of any website that will ship here and get them through customs either buy sending in 2 packages, slightly disassembling, etc

These are the sights i have come across so far:

Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

www.rayfoss.com

Green Laser, Laser Beam Optics, Laser Safety Glasses : Dragon Lasers

Has anyone used either of these sites and got a laser past customs?

Alternatively, if anyone in Australia has any for sale...id be interested in purchasing two.

Thanks in advance!

It is sub-optimal that you lost a laser and are having difficulties in obtaining another. The people on this forum are very knowledgeable and helpful and should be able to point you in the right direction. And as you alluded to, it is a shame that a few people who can not use common sense have made this hobby more difficult for the rest of us.

As an aside, it would be appreciated if you could type your messages in full words and use complete sentences.

puyol5

hold on im confused i had a laser for4 days but gave it away when i had to catch a flight somewhere else. Ever since ive always wanted one since it was great.
Also what do you mean i am writing in sentences?

If you PM the right people like Flaminpyro, Jayrob, Garoq, DTR they would probably partially assembly a laser and send it to you in a few different packages. All you would have to do is finish the assembly which I know all of them would help you with that aswell.

JLSE

And as you alluded to, it is a shame that a few people who can not use common sense have made this hobby more difficult for the rest of us.

Quite the opposite to a lapse in judgement... For Australia there was a very
scary reason as to why they were banned there..

It wasnt just a couple of incidents with lasers & aircraft.. More along the lines
of a 'plot'..

If im not mistaken, this was the 'last straw' prior to the ban in NSW.

"Air Services Australia said it was the first recorded "cluster attack" in which three or four people
used lasers to make a co-ordinated attack on aircraft coming into the airport over heavily populated suburbs."

City's worst laser attacks on aircraft - Travel - smh.com.au

Last edited:
I wonder if the morons in that article actually meant to bring down a plane. I mean to willfully attempt to kill that many people... somehow jail does not seem a fitting punishment.

@puyol5

Any of the nice folks jnhowett named would probably mail the laser as components to you instead of one piece. If you contact Susie at O-like, she will also have no issue mailing a laser without batteries, and in separate pieces, you will just need to pay for the extra shipping.

puyol5

I wonder if the morons in that article actually meant to bring down a plane. I mean to willfully attempt to kill that many people... somehow jail does not seem a fitting punishment.

@puyol5

Any of the nice folks jnhowett named would probably mail the laser as components to you instead of one piece. If you contact Susie at O-like, she will also have no issue mailing a laser without batteries, and in separate pieces, you will just need to pay for the extra shipping.

Have you or anyone else delt with O-like? Have they always got past customs safely?

Also i was emailing dragonlasers and they say that they have no problems with shipping orders to Australia. They will not however send in 2 parcels. Anyone used these guys before either?

Cheers

I've gotten a total of 4 lasers from O-like. Three got to me with no issue, although right now I am stuck sending one back as it was almost DOA on arrival, and died shortly thereafter. Their customer service is good though, only part that really sucks is the time it takes to ship back and forth.

The reason they don't say that they have any issues is that they declare the lasers as $10-40 flashlights, and on an x-ray it is not easy to tell them apart.

Shipping is always a risk, but I guess so far I've been lucky. Just make sure to get only one at a time to minimize risk.

puyol5

I've gotten a total of 4 lasers from O-like. Three got to me with no issue, although right now I am stuck sending one back as it was almost DOA on arrival, and died shortly thereafter. Their customer service is good though, only part that really sucks is the time it takes to ship back and forth.

The reason they don't say that they have any issues is that they declare the lasers as $10-40 flashlights, and on an x-ray it is not easy to tell them apart.

Shipping is always a risk, but I guess so far I've been lucky. Just make sure to get only one at a time to minimize risk.

Sounds like a good chance by using o like

My biggest pet peeve with them at the moment is that their "expedited" shipping isn't so expedited.

On some models they also aren't as good as on others, but their customer service is definitely a big plus.

puyol5

My biggest pet peeve with them at the moment is that their "expedited" shipping isn't so expedited.

On some models they also aren't as good as on others, but their customer service is definitely a big plus.

Yeah customer service is great...but what are you saying there at the start exactly lol

@puyol5

Welcome fellow Ozzie.

I have had no troubles with lasers been confiscated by customs, its can be a hit and a miss, but generally it rare. (IMOA)

Like the others said O-like is a good way to go. Or perhaps several of the ozzie members here may have one for sale.

Im thinking about selling my 2010 Evo Pro (not to sure yet), Ill shoot you a PM if Iam.

Cheers
Dave

puyol5

@puyol5

Welcome fellow Ozzie.

I have had no troubles with lasers been confiscated by customs, its can be a hit and a miss, but generally it rare. (IMOA)

Like the others said O-like is a good way to go. Or perhaps several of the ozzie members here may have one for sale.

Im thinking about selling my 2010 Evo Pro (not to sure yet), Ill shoot you a PM if Iam.

Cheers
Dave

Thanks Dave, have you personally bought a hand held laser pointer from O like or rayfoss recently and gotten it past customs?