Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Getting a laser into australia

Well you always do the aaaa... never mind cavity searches do not seem like a option
worthwhile j/k

nah paypal wouldnt take my prepaid card...

is there anyway for the money in the prepaid can be sent to a bank account? Because if u want i could transfer from there to my paypal and just have it addressed to you.

diachi

If you want a laser that bad just get a lab laser. You can import them LEGALLY.

has anyone from Australia tried importing from Red & Green Laser Pointer | SKYlasers

Basically i'm looking for a portable 500mW+ (yes i'm after some grunt lol)

Or if no one has purchased from Skylasers, can someone recommend a company that sells 500mW+ portables who are fine with dissembling the laser and sending it in separate packages?

JLSE

because some idiot shun one at a plane and the government over reacted

Well that sums it up... Multiple persons coordinated a simultaneous attack on a jet landing in Sydney IIRC. And many idiots followed suit. Not necessarily an over reaction, just a Gov dealing it out swiftly.

hey, i live in brisbane, australia. im thinking about getting a 5mW from ebay, being shipped from UK. Do you think it will get through. Also, do you get fined immediately if customs find the laser? Thanks.

Has anyone come across this Australian laser online shop > Untitled Document

They have pointers up to 500mW. How come everyone isn't buying from these guys? There in Australia so you don't need to worry about customs!

What does everyone else think?

lmao because im not paying $300 for a 100mW green laserpointer

-Adrian

I dont think they are selling illegally... The law states.. you can not import hand held lasers over 5mw with out a permit (only ones that use mains power)... and also that no hand held laser are to be used in a public place. This does not mean that you cannot sell hand held lasers within australia. If they have a permit to import the lasers then they are allowed to sell them within australia... plus there is no way they can stop the lasers already in australia pre-ban... it would be silly to think that the sale of lasers within australia are illegal.

just my 0.02 cents

-Adrian