Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Getting a laser into australia

Why cant you import a labby??

I thought the restrictions were only on battery powered pointers... You should have no problem getting a mains powered lab laser.

Or, Just get the license :beer:

Join any astronomy club that is associated with an observatory or a university. Wait 3 months. You are now exempt from the import laws.

Source: customs.gov.au

(Only one month left!!!)

I don't live in Australia but that just sounds cool. Or you could label them as pens :D ship the order with a few pens :) or for bigger flashlights with a maglite :)

im ordering some 50mW torches from susie @ o-like and shes going to disassemble the module bit from the battery case bit and send in 2 packages and label as flashlights or something else...

if there are any PERTH (wink wink) customs watching:
dont seize my shit bro

Basicly, any Lab laser, or laser classed as OEM, be it used in a CNC, Scanner, Medical ect are totally legal to import, regardless of mW levels. Laser parts, diodes, ect are all still legal.

The ban applies to laser pointers (hand held), and can not exceed 1mW. Even though, you could run around with a generator, and shoot at planes with 1w of DPSS green. (dont do it but)

A 200mW red laser diode pressed into a module, is still legal.

Only 1mW> Laser pointers are banned. If you really want, make the supplier change the foil sticker to <1mW, and youl be fine.

Last edited:
im ordering some 50mW torches from susie @ o-like and shes going to disassemble the module bit from the battery case bit and send in 2 packages and label as flashlights or something else...

if there are any PERTH (wink wink) customs watching:
dont seize my shit bro
you got it yet?

Also a few losers shined them at some athletes eyes.

I live in a small community with 2 volunteer policemen. One day I asked how can 2 men can cover the whole area. The cop told me no matter where you live 8% of the population are assholes. So in such a small community they know who the assholes are if there is trouble. There will always be a percentage of assholes to screw it up for everyone else.

lol i never even heard of a prepaid card except for phone credit? dont u have a debit card or something