Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Getting a laser into australia

I was wandering if anyone knows how to get a laser into australia. Ive already Had a 5mW DX confiscated just wandering if there was anyone who'd tried.
Thanks
Laser Pyro

Eku

I got a true 5mw and a 5mw red in once.

But the fine's arn't worth it I say.

But they WON'T take lab lasers and they WON'T take laser parts. (unless it's marked DANGEROUS HIGH POWER LASER PARTS)

So rly just buy lab lasers and make ur own lasers and ur right.

Ash

What type of laser did you want laserpyro?
:lasergun:
I don't exactly know how Aussie customs works, if they X-ray every package, or only from certain companies (DX, CNI). But the alternative (if you don't mind waiting) is to have your laser(s) shipped to some person you can trust that can get them into their country, then have that person send it to you. It would probably take over a month for the whole process, but it may work. :whistle:

If you build your own you can have someone send you a diode and have it labeled as a $2.98 Photo Transistors.

i live down in Australia and i only buy parts, however i remember a few people getting dildas through ozzy customs, this would suggest that if it looks more flashlight shaped like some DX greenies you might be alright. Then again the fines DEFINITELY are not worth it.

D

Deleted member 8382

Join any astronomy club that is associated with an observatory or a university. Wait 3 months. You are now exempt from the import laws.

Source: customs.gov.au

(Only one month left!!!)

Ok this is a truly hack xD

Any one in Australia wanna sell me a lab style laser or preassembled laser?? (must be in Australia!)

diachi

Any one in Australia wanna sell me a lab style laser or preassembled laser?? (must be in Australia!)

Why don't you just buy a new labby ? there are no restrictions on importing mains powered lasers.

The fines are 5500 for having them in PUBLIC. If you look on the site i found that only laser pointers so not labbys or modules can get in. so basically i gotta build my own. damn. really wish i was good with the nitty gritty of electronics

The fines are 5500 for having them in PUBLIC. If you look on the site i found that only laser pointers so not labbys or modules can get in. so basically i gotta build my own. damn. really wish i was good with the nitty gritty of electronics

This was established july last year...

Wat are the fines?? how much?? and any one selling a cheap labby (must be in australia!)

What nitty gritty? Conect the module to the batteries.