Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gdrive Sales,Disccussion and feedback thread!

Giannis_TDM

In this thread, you will be able to make an order for a driver with your desired specs, Once I complete the building and testing I will upload pictures here, Also I would like this thread to be kind of a 'feedback centre' With both positive and negative feedback, Also any technical questions about my drivers will be answered here.
Current pricing:

17mm Battery contact board : 0,50$ 0,50 Euros
unknown.png
unknown.png

3A buck 18.5mm x 9.5mm : 22 Euros/25USD + Shipping(approx 6-10 euros depending on destination)
unknown.png
unknown.png

800mA boost: 7.2mm x 12.9mm 18 Euros/20USD + + Shipping(approx 6-10 euros depending on destination) UPDATE: Upon further tests, It has come to my attention that if not for good quality batteries and good heatsinking the driver will have a kind of a hard time getting to 1A, But in my testing with a vapcell 18350 it could easily reach that if fully charged.)
unknown.png
unknown.png

200mA boost: Available (Note: Please don't spam order these if your project could instead use the 1A boost, Although priced at 15$ due to their low BOM cost they take up much more of my time to test and build due to their extremely small size and due to that reason to they are not beginner-friendly at all, You have to have almost inhuman soldering skills)
unknown.png
unknown.png

Small form factor 1A buck: In development

1A buck-boost: In development

High current boost: To be developed

Datasheets:

3A buck: http://www.mediafire.com/file/la063h09tlzoqp1/3A_buck_datasheet.pdf/file
800mA boost & 200mA boost: WIP

Extra options applicable for all:

Extra precision and low tempco set resistors +50c per 3 values of your choosing (will expand stock soon)

Extended testing: Full test report +7$ (Will be testing every possible aspect and will characterize your driver with more scope waveforms, Efficiency graphs corresponding to different Vins and more)

My goal with all this:
My goal is to make as affordable drivers as possible without cutting any corners besides getting paid 0$ for my time, earning about a dollar or 2 per driver due to the "basic" testing included with each purchase already being over the top. I also try to include as many features as possible and only buy components from brands as TDK(capacitors), Panasonic(Automotive-grade inductors), Texas Instruments, Analog Devices, Linear tech and STM for ICs, Walter elec(High accuracy Low tempco resistors) And US made gold plated PCBs from OSH(tighter tolerances, better base material etc) being about 3x as expensive as the normal JLC other driver makers use(you are able to tell due to the order numbers on their PCBs). Drivers are packaged in ESD bags with the included basic test sheets inside. Also Please excuse any solder spills you may find on your drivers since I hand assemble and test each one individually.

Last edited:

G,
I’m interested in your 5mmx5.3mm boost driver idea you spoke of a while back. Are these going to be in your lineup of available drivers? Thx
SGD🥃

Giannis_TDM

G,
I’m interested in your 5mmx5.3mm boost driver idea you spoke of a while back. Are these going to be in your lineup of available drivers? Thx
SGD🥃
I really wouldn't think that people would be interested in them since they are only up to 200mA and reverse pol protection like my other drivers, Tell you what, I'll do a small run of 5-6 of those in the next month or 2. Shipping is what will delay us here. Components get to me in ~1 month and PCBs will get here in a week since I am forced to use fedex int priority due to the cheaper option taking 2.5 months.

mdhcraft

I really wouldn't think that people would be interested in them since they are only up to 200mA and reverse pol protection like my other drivers, Tell you what, I'll do a small run of 5-6 of those in the next month or 2. Shipping is what will delay us here. Components get to me in ~1 month and PCBs will get here in a week since I am forced to use fedex int priority due to the cheaper option taking 2.5 months.
I would be interested in one or two of those. they sound interesting.

Hubcumber

Ill take a three amp buck driver with all the bells and whistles. Saw your build info on the reps discord so ill pay you 50 plus shipping. You do good work.

Giannis_TDM

Ill take a three amp buck driver with all the bells and whistles. Saw your build info on the reps discord so ill pay you 50 plus shipping. You do good work.
Sure thing man! Thanks so much! Although please hit me up on discord: Giannis_TDM#4434 want to discuss some details with you.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'll be getting into the hobby soon. I just got a few things to work out first and then I'm buying stuff

Giannis_TDM

Ok just ordered PCBs for the 1A boost(didn't show up In time so re-ordered) 17mm 3A buck, and 5mm x 5.3mm boost. Expect datasheets and them in stock in approx 1-month max, Most likely 2.5 - 3 weeks.

Giannis_TDM

Ok got an update for you, 1A boosts will cost 18$ a pop and will be tested In the same way as the bucks, They will be in stock around march 20th and pre-orders will be fulfilled at march 18th, Right now I have 1 pre-order of one, I also have 4 more pre-order slots available.

Giannis_TDM

Here's an array running at 1.7A per row with 4 of my bucks one for each row,
IMG_20210302_132657.jpg
IMG_20210302_132707.jpg

IMG_20210302_132718.jpg

Giannis_TDM

Also ordered 17mm battery contact boards(125) Will be in stock next week approx price is 50c a pop, Attaching some 3D renders:
unknown.png
unknown.png

Giannis_TDM

Updated the main thread: 200mA boost in stock and 1A boost limited stock till the next few weeks, 17mm battery contact PCBs coming max 3 weeks ordered a stock of 900.
Also 2 1 A boosts for a customer:
IMG_20210314_105806.jpg

lysdexic

The boosts above are my boosts!, can confirm arrived safely - quickly and are perfect. I have little knowledge of lasers myself yet and @Giannis_TDM has been super helpful. Ive probably asked a million stupid questions by now. 100% would recommend.
1616671460974.png
1616671495938.png