Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB: PL450B SM diodes - CLOSED

AnthoT

Re: GB: PL450B diodes pressed into modules, 39$ each

Are they normal aixis length or? I might take you up on some. I have a couple RHD mod38's left but there are other 3.8 diodes I am interested in too so could allway's use a couple.

Yes but no back threads, i find it better for thermal contact on the host ;)

I dont like the back threads either. Heat wont be an issue with this diode either. I have killed 4 of these lil buggers now. Mostly my fault l killed 1 in the press and 3 from over powering them. I still have 1 at 400mw but I serieously doubt I will ever find another that can take this current. killed most at about 300ma. think 1 went to 325ma.

I would recomend staying under 200ma to be safe. RHD reminded me that there actually rated MAX 80ma. So my 400ma is a crazzy lil laser that should be locked up for being so different..

If you follow the 2x rule then 160ma MAX!

Here are some pics of mine.

IMG_3694 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

IMG_3698 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

IMG_3767 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

raw diode at 2'

IMG_3838 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

here is raw output compared to I believe an h1600 regarless could have been a m/a140 I dont remember the important part is single mode 450/60 multimode 445 havent seen a good spec sheet on the 445's no one seems to offer them so I cant guestimate the wavelength. Actually I see it now that is actually a 9mm 445 in the auraura sh-032..

Eh here is red and a bunch more of all 4 the reds are mitsubishi 100mw single and 500mw multi. Enjoy..

IMG_3839 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

IMG_3832 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

The day the spiders moved out...!!!

IMG_3828 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

Excuse the ash tray I smoke and sacrifised 3 smokes to deliver lots of smoke to the bathroom.. were still renovating here that bathroom is one of the last things on the list..

IMG_3829 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

Last edited:

AnthoT

Yeah,
When I was using mine before I snapped the pins I ran it at 187mA, I swear it was the nicest beam from any blue laser I've ever seen.

Anyway if you want modules they are on my site ;) and for anyone part of this GB I'll double the amount you order to the amount shipped ;) so if you order 1 you get 2 order 3 get 6 ;)

dyeote

Yeah,
When I was using mine before I snapped the pins I ran it at 187mA, I swear it was the nicest beam from any blue laser I've ever seen.

Anyway if you want modules they are on my site ;) and for anyone part of this GB I'll double the amount you order to the amount shipped ;) so if you order 1 you get 2 order 3 get 6 ;)

AnthoT, I've told you off once before for being overly generous :tsk: don't make me do it again :p

AnthoT

AnthoT, I've told you off once before for being overly generous :tsk: don't make me do it again :p

:crackup: haha thats impossible :na:

Now you take a 500$ loss and you just want to give it away! :pop::horse::banghead: :angel:

get your head in order again...

you can do this stuff easy.. make sure you have your i's dotted and your t's crossed. Dont ever offer shipping if you think it might actually weigh something other than a stamp.. Copper excluded in your last case..

Hrm maybe we can get gold shipped for free too... Sorry harsh reality..

As far as I can tell other than the size error (Which had you asked me what my size was on the Sh-032's I would have had to say it was smaller. On a heatsink GB we must be sure the Sizeing is correct... from as many sources as you can...

I still think it ended up being a successful group buy!

Last edited:

AnthoT

Now you take a 500$ loss and you just want to give it away! :pop::horse::banghead:

well, if people are buying stuff overall from me I'm not losing, I'm making, but ill just be making a bit less for those ;) but I'm not making a loss :beer: at least this time. only problem is my site's traffic is extremely low, i am only getting 10 visitors max a day now, at the peak a little while ago it was around 25... so i have to try and get more traffic so there are more buyers... ;) ill make some of that 500$ back then, thanks to 3 people's donations already 110$ have been cut out of that, its very kind of them & thats what makes me feel ok to do another GB at some point
so whats better
one sale a week for 5$ with lets say 3$ profit
or 10 sales a week for 100$ with 60$ profit

it would work out better actually for me long term if you know what i mean.

this is stuff from my site, i have in stock, i paid for it awhile back ;) what I'm offering is no losses to me :)
just better prices for everyone...

in my GB i openly posted the drawings, no-one said there was any problems, only problem i got was the module hole was 0.04mm too large and that as we all know did not turn out a problem. I got the dimensions from another forum member & i don't want to put him on the spot as it is not his fault either, he had a SH-032 heatsink & thats what got made, DX changed their dimensions, I reordered smaller ones now.

This is not that GB. we can discuss that in that thread, this is dyeote's osram GB ;)

Last edited:

dyeote

Are they normal aixis length or? I might take you up on some. I have a couple RHD mod38's left but there are other 3.8 diodes I am interested in too so could allway's use a couple.

I'd love to know what other 3.8mm diodes you know of (and have access to)

Excuse the ash tray I smoke and sacrificed 3 smokes to deliver lots of smoke to the bathroom.. were still renovating here that bathroom is one of the last things on the list..

Totally gnarly pics Kent :kewlpics:
If you feel like having mercy on your lungs though :whistle: just boil a couple drops of glycerin next time ;)

I am in for 2. That is if we can get the bare diodes. I will be needing to purchase a couple 3.8mm modules also.

dyeote

I am in for 2. That is if we can get the bare diodes. I will be needing to purchase a couple 3.8mm modules also.

cool, I will add the bare diodes option as soon as I get a new price quote from the supplier. And if no one voices a desire for the brass o-like modules, then that option will go away entirely.
Don't forget to put your name and numbers in the spreadsheet please; the closer that total at the bottom gets to ten, the fuzzier the feeling that I get :D
for the 3.8 modules, AnthoT will sort you out something proper :beer:
though his website seems to be down at the moment... :poke: Anthony! you just said that you get terribly low traffic to your website, did that prompt some joker to LOIC you or what :na:

AnthoT

if you want aluminum ones PM me :)

My site is down for a bit :) I'm working on it ATM ;)

Yeah just figured it out... Turned out some joker decided to DDOS me... Sigh.... It may be awhile, 2Gb incoming traffic & I can't even access my control panel to block his IP like I usually do...

In the meantime im redesigning the site ;)

Last edited:

I LOVE COPPER!!

:eg:

dyeote

Is this the point where I ask whether Kizdawg has multiple-personalities and get laughed out as a noob :yabbem: because it's so obvious that he does and everybody knows so ?

Or was the middle one of that triple-post just made by the parrot?

Last edited:

dyeote

data_sheets.jpg

AnthoT

Dyeote I'm getting the bare diode quote now :D