Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB: Dual Host/Heatsink Combo - Flashlight / Laser In One! (Closed)

jayrob

Any interest in building this nice dual Flashligh/laser combo?

(Closed) - Not enough interest...

But you can still get the heatsink from me if you want to just buy the host, and follow my tutorial! :)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/h...al-mod-laser-flashlight-shown-here-45400.html

DHC%2013.jpg

The host is a very bright flashlight on one end, and the other end can be modified with a blu-ray laser.

If there are at least 5 buyers total (need 4, because I want another one), I can buy 5 of these hosts with a slight discount in pricing...

I will make the heatsink needed for the build, and you can just follow my tutorial: (read the tutorial because it is a case positive light)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/tutorial-blu-ray-laser-flashlight-combo-schweet-45385.html

You will receive:

* The dual Cree light
* The custom heatsink

Price: $53 dollars plus $6 dollars shipping. (paid in advance - We need at least 4 more buyers total)

Out of U.S. buyer assumes responsibility at that shipping price. It should not be a problem though... (I would mark the package as a gift, with a description of 'LED Flashlight' with a low value of $15)

It's an awesome build, I really like the quality of the host, and the flashlight is very bright. Just as bright as a Q5. I believe it is a Q5 emitter.

Any takers? :)

Host: dual head cree, Sporting Goods. Great deals on eBay!

Interest list:

jayrob - paid
zaery
dfhrace

Last edited:

Re: GB: Dual Host/Heatsink Combo - Flashlight / Laser In One!

this looks really cool, but this would be my first laser build ever and I would just mess it up. I also don't know what half the things you are talking about. but awesome job still.

jayrob

Yeah... I guess it would be for those who already have some building skills. I thought there would be more interest. I guess it's just because I really like the build...

Rob

Honestly I'm surprised no is interested in this. It's a pretty unique build.

zaery

Bump, and i'm interested.

Interested members don't = a real buyer here.
If you are interested enough to post, Buy the kit or stop wasted posts.

HMike

zaery

@HM:
I'm sorry, i thought that if i wanted to be part of a group buy, then i should say so. I also thought that group buys didn't buy things immediately, but waited until there were enough people, so i was voicing my interest to be one of those people. Correct me if i'm wrong.

@Jayrob:
I think following a step-by-step tutorial is not too much trouble for an awesome laserlight like this one :)

Last edited:

jayrob

It's all good...

Mike probably thought this was my FS thread for the heatsink is all.

I'll put you down on the first post as 'interested'. And hopefully we get 3 more...

i would love to build one of these do you think it would be too hard for first laser build? i am very good with electronics and projects of this nature but have never messed around with laser but i would love to and this project looks sooo nice

jayrob

It's not too bad...

If you want to try, you can just follow the link to buy the host, and then I can sell you the heatsink... (but if we get a couple more interested, we can do the GB)

If you are new to lasers, please read up on eye safety. This can easily cause permanent damage to the eye...

kaizer

jayrob

Once you order the host, just contact me via private message to pay for a heatsink! :)

jayrob

Can you put a 1000mW a140 diode aka casio 140 diode in there?

Yes I have since swapped out the blu-ray and put a 445 diode in there...

I'm running mine very conservative at 530mA's. Which is 370mW's using a 3 element lens...