Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

gb diode  fan cooled

k-9

i mounted the gb diode in a aixis housing and then mounted it in a heat sink and used a fan to keep it cool. running at 3v 250ma doens't even get hot. and will light a match fast. here are some pixs. will do video tomorrow.
bk003-1.jpg

bk001-1.jpg

bk004.jpg

k-9

Re: gb diode  fan cooled

here is a short video

Attachments

• bk.avi
    10.1 MB · Views: 44

Daedal

That's a very nice setup! :D

I like how 'professional' it makes it all look ;)

--DDL

OMG nice man. How did you mount that aixiz into the heatsink? Please tell me. That would be an awesome setup for my TEC unit.

Gazoo

Why would you want to do that when it is your heat sink drawing heat away from your peltier.. ::)

Gazoo said:
Why would you want to do that when it is your heat sink drawing heat away from your peltier.. ::)

Yeah he is not using a TEC, hence the title "gb diode fan cooled." :)

Benm

That's a pretty nice setup! I doubt the fan does much extra though, considering the size of the heatsink alone it should stay pretty cool.

How did you mount the module to the heatsink - drilled a hole to fit, or is there more to it? (hard to see from the pics).

k-9

well its easy used drill press and slowly stepping up the drill bit till i got 11mm. for the fan it might a little over kill but i plan to have it running for long periods at a time. for project im working on ;)

Benm

I see.. to bad i don't have a drill press here, but i guess i'll find someone who does ;)

Your setup seems fine for continous use, just run the fan nice and slow to keep things quiet a bit and it would be a great setup.