Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GATLING STYLE 445nm 1w

BobMc

Vettech, think that is a cool discovery. Price isn't to bad either. Impressive. :gj:

Ps, I found these inexpensive tripods on eBay, I bought some but haven't received them yet, so I can't say good or bad, but the price was so cheap, I had to give them a try. :thinking:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272564869129

Last edited:
I have tried many cheap tripods off eBay and the only ones that were worth having were at least $10.00. Everything cheaper than that turned out to be crap. I've got four good tripods and excellent clamps to hold lasers of all sizes. That link I gave looks like a good one. I'm considering buying it myself.

Encap

For those who are unfamiliar with the so- called GATLING! A neat blow up view!!

Nice exploded view however it is just an artists representation/artwork, not an actual photograph image of the real thing so doesn't tell us much about seam or no seam--the seam and one piece or two piece host body is not an important marketing details. Have you ever seen screws, a tailcap and focus head with no threads?

No glue on this what so ever! None!

The gatling hosts have been around a while.

Yes the one you have if there is no seam under where you have the clamp is a newer model 1 piece main body tube version.
IS lower cost to make that than to have girls assemble a multi-piece and seal ---strong too--an improvement in both directions.

Earlier original gattling style lasers which are still in production both long two battery versions and the one battery shorter 532nm host versions/models were two piece and glued some were waterproof lens window with body tail cap and focus o-ring sealed and some not depending on how seller ordered them, The ywo piece model main tube seam was about 1/2 inch below the center circular bar support in the lower center section section --towards the tailcap.

You can see the two piece seam in in the center below the middle bar support in this image:
7ff0.jpg

Production of same:
HTB1T_DFLVXXXXbhXpXXq6xXFXXXa.jpg

Here is a photo of larter version host main tube with no seam:
52222d1466752339-need-help-disassembly-20160624_025835.jpg

Last edited:

BobMc

I have tried many cheap tripods off eBay and the only ones that were worth having were at least $10.00. Everything cheaper than that turned out to be crap. I've got four good tripods and excellent clamps to hold lasers of all sizes. That link I gave looks like a good one. I'm considering buying it myself.

Well, somebody's got to be the guinea pig. Maybe I'll have better success than you? Let you know after I received them. They look like the same clamps that are on Sanwu's tripods, (that's why I bought them.) Thought if the clamps are the same as Sanwu's how bad can they be for under $4.00 ? :thinking:

Last edited:
I looked at the one you linked in the eBay thread. It won't hold a heavy build like large pointers or large copper heat sinks. You really do get what you pay for. I have tripods and clamps that will hold up to 5 kg, or more.

BobMc

I looked at the one you linked in the eBay thread. It won't hold a heavy build like large pointers or large copper heat sinks. You really do get what you pay for. I have tripods and clamps that will hold up to 5 kg, or more.

Thanks, hoping for the best. If they hold what Sanwu's tripods hold that's all I'm going to need. :)

Last edited:
Encap, thanks for the great info and photos!! :) That's good stuff! I had no idea that they had made a two piece host.

GSS

Encap, thanks for the great info and photos!! :) That's good stuff! I had no idea that they had made a two piece host.
Me too on the break down on the changes.:beer:
Vettech, nice review:)
This host is sure attractive "well pretty cool" and I don't need another laser like a hole in my head but for a 1W blue as low as $39 or even the 200mw red for $19 all I can say is DAM this hobby:(:undecided:
I'm guessing the front ID and brass module is the standard 20mm ish wide?
I do feel for those who paid $150 and way up just a short time ago..

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Let's see now, your user name is boomlasers, and the company you are pushing is called Boomlasers, just a guess, but I'll bet you work for them, right?
The bad thing is, you're asking nearly 3 times more for your laser than Vetttech paid for his; you ought to sell a bunch to the guys here at that great price! :eek:
Probably ought to stick to ebay where you'll find buyers for your overpriced lasers.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

He also has joined 4 social groups in a matter of 3 posts?
Like Bowtie said, I really can't believe you tried to trump or "spammed" this good thread with your add:thinking::whistle:
We also don't want to hear its a whole complete kit in a box??
Edit: now 2 other necro posts selling your product? Really a 301 532 kit for $230?????

Last edited:
Real Gatling Style 450nm 2w blue laser pointer, powerful and high-quality.
Burning Laser Pointer Blue 2000mW Gatling Lasers Light Pen
You'r starting to Spam the Threads on the
Forum with your advertising...
That is frowned upon on the Forum and could
result is [Red Bars] under your Avatar.....:tsk:

If you want to sell your wares... go to the
Buy/Sell/Trade section of the Forum. It would
also have been nice if you could introduce
yourself to the Forum in the Welcome section...

Jerry

Last edited:
Me too on the break down on the changes.:beer:
Vettech, nice review:)
This host is sure attractive "well pretty cool" and I don't need another laser like a hole in my head but for a 1W blue as low as $39 or even the 200mw red for $19 all I can say is DAM this hobby:(:undecided:
I'm guessing the front ID and brass module is the standard 20mm ish wide?
I do feel for those who paid $150 and way up just a short time ago..

Thanks for the kudos! I was struck by the almost alien death ray look to it. After owning only Flashlight and Light saber looking host, its refreshing to have something a bit different !

Another view!

GSS

Looks even better at that angle:) Your right as to something out of a James Bond movie:whistle:
Vettech, are you experienced enough as to take of the front and get a rough measurement of the module being used?

Looks even better at that angle:) Your right as to something out of a James Bond movie:whistle:
Vettech, are you experienced enough as to take of the front and get a rough measurement of the module being used?

I will get my digital calipers out, when i get home. It may be a while! :whistle:

Last edited:

Encap

You'r starting to Spam the Threads on the
Forum with your advertising...
That is frowned upon on the Forum and could
result is [Red Bars] under your Avatar.....:tsk:

If you want to sell your wares... go to the
Buy/Sell/Trade section of the Forum. It would
also have been nice if you could introduce
yourself to the Forum in the Welcome section...

Jerry

Good points way to handle.

Guy is banned now for SPAM advert/unauthorized advert.

IS amazing how profoundly :banghead: stupid these types are--not even reading the thread. He wants to sell the same laser as the OP reported he purchased for $54 with free shipping for $149.00

How brain damaged can a reseller hustle be/get? :crackup:

Last edited: