Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

G8 Solution ???

That could work for some diodes but many break just at the end of the module with the back of the lens just inside the copper module also the range of focus has the lens well inside the copper with most diodes. I suppose you could shorten the copper module cavity though and use the extension with the shortened cavity/head.

A 15mm long lens barrel threaded all the way through with 2 retainers would allow adjustment of the lens position over a range of different diodes.

Hi Red,
I was just trying something different and practical. I ordered some G8 lenses to test it and then modify it better. I woke at 1:30am with the idea off the top of my head and went down to the shop while it was still fresh. It would be no problem to mod a 12mm copper module on the lathe great idea . once I get the G8's that will give me a better idea of how to mod the specs.
I was wondering when you were going to chime in thanks for that always . Your the optic guru along with Alaskan, This stuff drives me nuts sometimes..By the way its 12mm dia. with a 6/6.5mm opening after that not much meat to discard..
Rich:)

A longer module head-longer/deeper threded cavity would also solve it but people would need to press their diode into the longer module end to start with, the longer barrel would work for existing pressed diodes.

A longer module head-longer/deeper threded cavity would also solve it but people would need to press their diode into the longer module end to start with, the longer barrel would work for existing pressed diodes.

Red,
Just put my order in for the g8"s cant wait till they come in . thanks for all the great advice buddy you the man..
Rich:)