Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

G2 lens

Hello friends.

I have a G2 lens that came with a green module ND700 520nM / 700mW (Dave).

My question is this lens also serves to 638nM? :pensando:

Thank you.

Best Regards.
Juanma.

Sta

¡Hola Juan! Sí, la lente G2 funciona con cualquier diodo, incluso 638nm. :)

(Yes, the G2 lens works with any diode, including 638nm.)

Last edited:
The G-2 is just one of the many single element aspherical lenses out there. Most have a very short focal length, but a few are much longer. While the AR coating on some is for violet to blue wavelengths, these same lenses can be used for other wavelengths with varying results. Others are AR coated for other wavelengths and you might have to try several to see which gives you the best results.

Hello friends.

I have a G2 lens that came with a green module ND700 520nM / 700mW (Dave).

My question is this lens also serves to 638nM? :pensando:

Thank you.

Best Regards.
Juanma.
As Paul stated a g2 lens is aspheric. This means the lens has two unequally curved surfaces. However, I think in the lens making industry this type lens is correctly known as a "best form" lens. I've never seen a lens by any manufacturer called a g anything. Giving a lens this designation tells the buyer nothing.

The G-2 is just one of the many single element aspherical lenses out there. Most have a very short focal length, but a few are much longer. While the AR coating on some is for violet to blue wavelengths, these same lenses can be used for other wavelengths with varying results. Others are AR coated for other wavelengths and you might have to try several to see which gives you the best results.

It always seems to me that you know quite a bit about different types of lenses, it reminds me of what you told me about a month ago when I first got a LPM, you said "You'll be surprised at the test equipment you'll be buying if you continue with this hobby" and well I consider Different types of lenses as test equipment :) because it makes me wanna start buying various lens set ups like some of the ones you've been talking about. :beer:
And of course a Spectrometer which now seems like something nice to have.

I'm very happy to know you are still interested in learning this stuff. There's always something new. I try to learn something new every day. If you want a spectrometer start saving now. Good ones are expensive used and then there are all the incidentals...... fiber optic cables, software, discharge lamps, etc. I have a lot of lenses I've collected over the years. They come in handy when you are looking at something new and need to find an optic to use with it. There are things you will need that you haven't even thought of yet. :D