Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

G-2 lens x 2 up to pointer?

Night Lase

To a laser pointer, of class 4°, in addition to the single default lens, is it possible to apply a second one? So 2 G-2 lenses would make the laser beam reach a power, wanting to be precise to the thousandth equal to or close to 190%? Of course making the laser beam extend horizontally even more.

So is there an adapter for laser lenses? I'm happy about that, I thought my question was pointless, since Alien Laser included the emoticon that laughs until it cries. Maybe it's my fault for not having phrased it correctly!?

In fact I would have liked to connect 2xG2-lenses, if it is written in the description that it increases the transmission of the beam by 95%, by putting 2 of them I would have a transmission of 190%? more or less

Wrong -- putting another lens element in a laser light path will reduce transmission.
A "perfect/ideal mirror" does not reduce transmission.

Every lens reduces transmission ---it is just a matter of how much and compared to what?

Last edited:
Is that the same as saying that too much is bad? I have always been attracted by the fact that the various sellers wrote, with the G-2 lens you get 95% more. It was all my confusion, I thought that by putting 2 of them, I would have had a much more rectangular and powerful beam.

In fact I would have liked to connect 2xG2-lenses, if it is written in the description that it increases the transmission of the beam by 95%, by putting 2 of them I would have a transmission of 190%? more or less
lmfao…. 🤣 not increases, but allows for 95% light transmission..

Is that the same as saying that too much is bad? I have always been attracted by the fact that the various sellers wrote, with the G-2 lens you get 95% more. It was all my confusion, I thought that by putting 2 of them, I would have had a much more rectangular and powerful beam.

You clearly don’t understand how light works… if light passes thru a lens, some of that light is going to be reflected back, and some dispersed within the lens material itself.. light transmission value is telling you the amount of light that will pass thru the lens or medium.. 95% means that you will see atleast a 5% DECREASE in optical output..

Don’t be commenting in my threads and I’ll stay out of your threads.. even though you’re clearly confused and wrong..

Let this be a friendly, truce.

Thanks, I already got the answer from @Encap, anyway you and I are not at war, I can even enter into your threats, but without ever saying anything again, just as I can not consider them at all.. for me you are a member like all of us, we are not at the front, there is no truce in fact.

So to get a 100% light concession, how should one go about it?
I think nothing exists yet

Last edited:

Back