Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Full copper host 26650 x2

I suppose one could look into a way of fitting a beam correction optics and expander on to the end somehow, but how to do that and keep it looking so cool? It would need to be made from copper too, I think.

IDK. Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to just machine a copper host that has a place for cyl lenses? If you have something on the end of this host, it would be necessary to leave it there once you set it up.

Yes, it would. Good idea, hmmmm... Maybe after I get these first I can ask, or, retrofit, I want a 25 mm DTR diode mount inside, just need to get one made three times longer than normal with a place for Opt Lasers cylinders and that would tame a NUBM44 some.

Last edited:
LOL, Yep many times I too have thought too retrofit a chamber onto a host I like and have built some odd looking stuff, but it's better to just design what you want from the start and build it or have it built for your purpose.

Here's a test bed I made to try out the med size 6X pairs and I ended up enclosing it but did not post as it was so ugly, it worked just fine, but was so ugly. :)

SANY3301.JPGSANY3278.JPG

What we really want is everything nice and compact like this I plan to build sometime although right now I have another hobby that's soaking up much of my funds. The module will be a DTR 20mm with pocket back half and a ndg7475 diode.
Note: Will use the small c-lens pair @ 4X.........Chris please feel free to build one yourself before I do and I would love too see it. Would look great in polished solid copper:)

Last edited:
I don't think it looks ugly, just boxy. Function over form first for me, but it's nice when both are together. I want to see you post pics of your monster dual diode host when you can.

I don't want to hijack this thread but let me tell you that I am still waiting for my rotators from OPT, they say my order will arrive by the 8th of mother flipping June..........it's already been 2 months and this is the 2nd time they have changed the delivery date/window.............do you know where else can I get some high quality rotators ?

I could go searching but I paid 131.00 with shipping for two rotators so I am still waiting, they look like good quality and I like what they say about them being easier to align than the old style wave plates so I do want them, just wish they would be straight about the delivery date because they say my package has been shipped yet again they changed the window of delivery date so I am thinking maybe it's a production issue.

Damn, they have had delays for other things I’ve ordered in the past too, appears more common than not. I don’t know who else to suggest at a reasonable price,

I don't have one of those yet, but I want two just because they are so nice. I don't know what I would use in them, but it would be a huge waste of heat sink to put only a 1 to 2 watt diode in them. That limits me to a big diode, maybe the NUBM44, but that diode really needs correction and expansion which these aren't suited for, already big enough as they are. Maybe an 07E driven fairly hard? Not too hard though, my last one died doing that in a fairly short amount of time at about 4 watts output.
i have built NUBM44 into this host, really is cool! i can run 3 minutes so i get a little warm. because copper can heatsink so well, and i will make them more in next my builds