Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Full copper host 26650 x2

Those are some very nice hosts. I have some copper hosts, but these are the largest I remember seeing. Copper is very slow to machine and these likely took awhile to finish.

Those are some very nice hosts. I have some copper hosts, but these are the largest I remember seeing. Copper is very slow to machine and these likely took awhile to finish.
Yes, Doing this needs to be slow and persistent, I was very anxious to wait for months

Update more a short video while i am waiting more the heatsink for SKdriver

Encap

Awesome hosts--your most attractive and massive all copper to date---simply beautiful clean mechanical art works.

I think I have to have one--PM me price and delivery time.

Most impressive host I've seen yet, heavy though, 3 pounds. That one will need to be babied, will certainly dent if dropped even a short distance. That, and would need to be wrapped in a cloth or something when not in use, I wouldn't want anything scratching it, but weight is fine with me and I'd be happy to take greater care with it.

Edit: Link to some photo's and a short video showing some CNC work being done on one:: https://imageevent.com/qdf_files/te...ations/copperlaserpointerhosts/copperhost?n=0

Copper rods the host parts were made from.

Last edited:
Most impressive host I've seen yet, heavy though, 3 pounds. That one will need to be babied, will certainly dent if dropped even a short distance. That, and would need to be wrapped in a cloth or something when not in use, I wouldn't want anything scratching it, but weight is fine with me and I'd be happy to take greater care with it.

Edit: Link to some photo's and a short video showing some CNC work being done on one:: https://imageevent.com/qdf_files/te...ations/copperlaserpointerhosts/copperhost?n=0

Copper rods the host parts were made from.
Yes exactly! :))

GSS

How are you planning to keep this nice host from tarnishing?
I can see polishing the hosts from time to time like people do with fine silverware:)

I know some individuals coat copper with a thin layer of lacquer to prevent oxidation, but I believe that would only reduce its ability to transfer heat to the air.

In the making:

Last edited:

GSS

I clear coated 2 copper of my hosts from Rich with Krylon spray.
Mine were only copper up front. One is a M140 at 2W and the other a 505 at 60mw. "I" can't really think a coating of way less than 1mm would make a difference?? Unless someone knows for real.
Thats also one massive host?? Alaskan, what the planned build with them?

I don't have one of those yet, but I want two just because they are so nice. I don't know what I would use in them, but it would be a huge waste of heat sink to put only a 1 to 2 watt diode in them. That limits me to a big diode, maybe the NUBM44, but that diode really needs correction and expansion which these aren't suited for, already big enough as they are. Maybe an 07E driven fairly hard? Not too hard though, my last one died doing that in a fairly short amount of time at about 4 watts output.

GSS

A nicely pushed green 520 7475 at least on one of the hosts. That beast should keep it cool enough for some nice pointing time.:)

Last edited:
That is a problem. I would likely want one of these for a high power diode, like the NUBM44, but without a place for cyl lenses it would be useless to me. Still ,it is unique.