Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS-Test Load Kits-Assembled RCKSTR

I talked to Ryan about assembling and selling his RCKSTR Dummy Load Kit. I built 2 of them and sent them to him for inspection which he approved. I am selling these for $9.00 with free shipping. I guaranty these, so if for any reason you have a problem please contact me and not RCKSTR, I will send out a new one or refund your money upon return of the kit. For now I am selling them in the US; however I will sell them out of country once I find out the costs of shipping and legal issues. These test kits are a must have when setting up your drivers so you don’t blow up your expensive diodes. I can bridge these up for RED or BLUE it’s up to you how you want them set up. I am working on making the kit with a selectable switch for RED or BLUE but that will be down the road. I only have 7 in stock now so if you want one send me a PM and $9.00 to my PayPal account under Tymtravler. I will ship as soon as I get a confirmation from PayPal.
:thanks:

Attachments

• Dummy Load 001.JPG
    Dummy Load 001.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,476
Last edited:

rkcstr

I did take a look at a couple and they looked very nice! This is a great option for those of your who don't feel like building the kit yourself since I no longer offer them assembled.

And, I will still answer questions on the USE of these (please check the instructions first, though!), but any problems will be addressed by Tymtravler.

Just a general question concerning these test loads. If one were to incorporate a selector switch so you were able to just flip that switch so it could be used for BR or RED, do you have to take into consideration any electrical phenomenon such as polarity, or especially resistance before you decide on the type of switch one would use ??? rob

This would be easy with a SPDT switch, just solder the center pin to the right, one pin on the blue, and one pin on the red.

Since the RED pad over rides the BLUE when soldered, Ryan told me to solder the BLUE and place the switch on the RED. When the switch is closed on the RED ,it is active, when it is off the BLUE is active. I am working on this now and you will be able to buy them from Darkarmy. I used a large switch to test this and this worked fine, but now I am looking for a micro rocker for the final product.