Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel RL-118 Kit!

jayrob

Glad you like it...

Post some pictures when you get it going! :cool:

One more pic, along with Yobresal's tiny chrome host 445

DSC5382-Edit-L.jpg

Last edited:

Metric

Thanks Jay,

I just completed a 1.5A, 445nm build. Although the build is a little tight so that clipping the diode pins is a must, I would actually have to say that this was easiest hot option kit that I've yet assembled (I'm comparing to Jay's pocket mini and stainless 18650), due to the way the heat sink is automatically secured by screwing down the head without worry of twisting wires -- a feature which exists due to Jay's precision machining.

The finished product is, of course, super-awesome with stainless construction and clicky. At 1.5A, it does heat up pretty fast with the aluminum heat sink -- It's definitely one badass little laser!

jayrob

Thanks Jay,

I just completed a 1.5A, 445nm build. Although the build is a little tight so that clipping the diode pins is a must, I would actually have to say that this was easiest hot option kit that I've yet assembled (I'm comparing to Jay's pocket mini and stainless 18650), due to the way the heat sink is automatically secured by screwing down the head without worry of twisting wires -- a feature which exists due to Jay's precision machining.

The finished product is, of course, super-awesome with stainless construction and clicky. At 1.5A, it does heat up pretty fast with the aluminum heat sink -- It's definitely one badass little laser!

Glad you like it! :)

Personally, for a host this size, I would keep it to about 650mA's max current just for better run time between charges / better heat management... (and use a protected AW cell)

But if you have an IMR battery, and don't mind checking for the need to charge, then it will definitely work at your requested 1.5 Amp setting.

You just need to use short duty, and watch out that you don't over discharge your battery...

Last edited:
Mine just came in today I ordered it with the copper press fit h/s and knurled ex focus adapter.Excellent quality and excellent machine work beautiful host Jayrob thank you.Will post pics as soon as my 12x 405nm side arrives from o-like.

JUMAN

hi, i dont have a clue how to build a laser, is there any where i can buy this laser already assembled?

jayrob

hi, i dont have a clue how to build a laser, is there any where i can buy this laser already assembled?

I don't sell complete builds, but you might check with one of the guys selling 445 diodes to see if they might be willing to install their diode into my kit! :D

WOW! This may be the best host i have seen! I plan on buying this host as soon as i can i hope in the next few weeks.

Ah, i hope to have some reserves once the holiday shopping is over. If so i'll be treating myself to this kit. awesome.

jayrob

I have one left on hand (unspoken for), but per my supplier, I can get more in a couple of weeks...

Last edited:
i have a 12x 405 and a mitsu 635 in these hosts and they are my favorite by far. the blu ray is my pocket laser. the copper heat sink is big enough for good duty cycles with the 12x. great work by jay here!

jayrob

i have a 12x 405 and a mitsu 635 in these hosts and they are my favorite by far. the blu ray is my pocket laser. the copper heat sink is big enough for good duty cycles with the 12x. great work by jay here!

They are one of the sweetest hosts... DTR is the one that found them and had me make him the first one...