Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel CR2 Kit - Polished! - SCHWEET!

jayrob

Sure is a shinny little gem you have there! :cool:

Thanks for posting back with pics! :)

Kevlar

Hey, my pleasure. I love the size of this thing! But at the same time its got some a very solid feel to it and the polished look it incredible. This is my first 6X and the burning power is powerful! Oh man, I can't wait to get a 12X!!

Lumify

I got some good pics of my build. They're in my first post (post #2).

jayrob

Those are some nice pics!

Shows how small that bad boy is...

Thanks for posting! :cool:

akelu

Hiya

I'm interested in purchasing but i have a quick question.

I've been researching all day, and what ive come up with is this:

Buy this: Brand New 405nm GGWH20L 6x Blu Ray Laser in Aixiz Module

as at:
HighTechDealZ - 405nm 6x Blu Ray GGWH20L Laser in Aixiz Module

And the following:

Basic kit
+ Hot option - 200mA resulting in 150-200mW
+ Copper heatsink upgrade
EzFocus Adapter
405-G-1 Glass lens assembly

And all i have to do it solder the aixiz module from hightechdealz onto the two wires and thats it?

If im missing something, please let me know as ive been reading this forum allll day ;-)

Thanks

Matt

jayrob

His site shows the diode pin connection as well...

And yes, all you would need to do, is connect the lead wires from my 'Hot' option, to the diode pins, put a battery in there, and it's done.

I would recommend 190mA's...

This would be about 230mW's with the 405-G-1 glass lens assembly for a normal efficiency GGW diode.

The battery I would recommend is this one:
RCR2 Unprotected Rechargeable Lithium Battery

Read up on eye safety if you haven't already done so...

Send me a private message for ordering the kit! :)

BuildAbluraylaser, I am sending your SS CR2 kit with copper heatsink today. (Friday)

Hope you like it!

akelu

so is that specific diode+axisz module the thing i need? or is it just the diode itself

jayrob

The AixiZ module is what holds the diode. It also holds the lens. So you need an AixiZ module. The link you posted to HTD is the diode pre-installed into the AixiZ module. (recommended)

akelu

Sorry for all the questions.

But i just want to check over if this is right:

When i buy that module from HTD.. All i do is put it in the end, solder it on the contacts..

Then the 405-G-1 Glass lens assembly just screws on the end? (and that has the ezfocus adapter built onto it?)

The module from HTD will fit in the end how do you secure it into the host?

Thanks again..

Last edited:

jayrob

If you get your diode pre-installed into an AixiZ module, then the AixiZ module will fit into my heatsink. You will need a 1.5mm Allen wrench for the heatsink set screw. The set screw will be there, but the wrench is not included...

SS%20CR2%205.jpg

The only tricky part, is to then thread the entire assembly into the head of the host without letting the heatsink/module assembly turn separate from the pill. Otherwise, the wires will get twisted...

I have found that you can just pinch the heatsink/module assembly together with the pill/driver, and then turn the head of the host with your other hand until it is snug. Then use some needle nosed pliers to put a final tightening onto the pull by putting the tips of the pliers onto the slots of the pill. (or solder blobs if no slots)

You do not want a loose heatsink because then it could twist while focusing your lens... Plus it is better heatsinking when it is tight to the pill and host...

So yes, it is a very easy assembly with a 'Hot' option if you have your diode pressed into an AixiZ module. But you must still have some basic building skills...

The lens just threads into the AixiZ module. If you get the EzFocus adapter, it just threads onto the lens before you install the lens. That part is easy...

Received the package today, and well, it's done!

img3874a.jpg

But I'm missing the proper battery, I used a RC2 from DX that doesn't fit in the barrel (almost) to test and set the current.

jayrob

Wrong battery? Is that why the head is not screwed all the way on to the host in your picture?

Still looks awesome...

Lumify, I sent your EzFocus adapter sized for the SS CR2 kit and fit for AixiZ 445...

Thanks!

No, the head just doesn't want to fully screw on, the heatsink seems to long, but I think it's the brass ring that's stuck mid-way into the pill. As for the battery, it's just to tick for the barrel, so I used jumpers for the tests.

jayrob

Yep it's the brass ring...

The length of the heatsink is the same length as the reflector/LED flashlight glass lens thickness combined. (because that's the space it replaces)

The brass ring must be pressed all the way back into the pill...