Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel C3 kit!

thats how i want to build it too.im pretty sure it will work since you don't need to circuit board of the flashlight but you will need batteries thats a bit shorter as jay said above.

jayrob

hey do you think this would work with RHD's mosquito module?
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...es-1-760-ma-ready-diy-65938-2.html#post953642
thanks! :)

It may very well fit by just eliminating the pill...

I would have to have one of the modules in hand to be sure of my answer though. Or an exact measurement of it's length.

A custom heatsink out the front a little would be doable as well.

One thing though, in a set up like that, you must be careful about putting too much spring tension/pressure onto the diode pins.

It would be best, if the driver was resting on the module. That way the pins will not be taking the pressure from the tail cap spring.

The other obvious thing is, that you need to support the sides of the driver from pushing to either side. And either sorting out, or bending the diode pins...

Last edited:
can't you just epoxy the the edge of the driver to the diode(not the pins) for the tension?

jayrob

Yes I'm sure you can do that...

Different building styles is all. I always try to design builds that can be easy to replace diodes if needed. So I try to stay away from epoxy and stuff if possible...

I really like these hosts. Makes me want to build a nice green, Maybe ill buy one of these kits one of these days.
Anyways, Uhh does anyone know how much 300-400mw green module goes for?

Last edited:

jayrob

The normal 12mm green modules are priced very reasonable, but the max power is 150mW's to 200mW's in rare ones of that size.

The larger modules in the higher powers are more expensive of course. Check o-like.com

The normal 12mm green modules are priced very reasonable, but the max power is 150mW's to 200mW's in rare ones of that size.

The larger modules in the higher powers are more expensive of course. Check o-like.com

It doesn't really matter how large it is for what I was looking for, I just need about 300-400mw output. I didn't see any over 200mw on o-like.com
Ill probably find one somewhere eventually though..

Last edited:

jayrob

Ok ok... O-like used to have some 250mW through 400mW (larger) modules listed...

Hey jayrob i want to buy your laser kit but i dont know how can you please tell me how to buy one of your kits?