Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel 10440 Kit! - Awesome!

jayrob

This little stainless steel host is probably the sweetest host I've seen yet!

This build is designed to be used with a FlexDrive, and a single, 10440 battery.

This host can also fit a 50mW O-like green module completely inside with a 200mAh 10280 battery with just a little modification. See 'green mod' below!

* Very thick and heavy stainless steel, with a smooth, very nice finish.
* Heavy duty chrome pocket clip. (which is removable if desired)
* Tiny tail button clicky. :cool:

The host is a little pricey, but it is very nice... :)

Here's the host:
DealExtreme: $20.47 Ultrafire A2 Stainless Steel Cree Q5-WC 150-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*AAA)

Note: DX has been out for several months. I found them at a different source, but they cost me $25 each...

For a 445 build, you can get your diode pre-installed into an AixiZ module with lead wires soldered on from daguin or DTR.

In that case, you will just connect your diode leads, to my driver leads... ('Hot' option kit)

For 445, blu-ray, or red:

SS10440%201.jpg

SS10440%208.jpg

SS10440%2011.jpg

Build difficulty level is the same as my Micro chrome build. The FlexDrive will fit into the tiny pill. (some building skill recommended)

There is room for using fine wire for your connections, as well as connecting the driver directly to your diode pins, if you desire. Just depends on your building style. You just remove the stock circuit components from the tiny round board, and install your FlexDrive...

Here are the pictures that show you the inside parts of the host, as well as what I will be offering in this kit...

SS10440%202.jpg

SS10440%203.jpg

SS10440%204.jpg

SS10440%205.jpg

SS10440%2014.jpg

SS10440%2015.jpg

The build will be just like my Micro Chrome build:
micro8.jpg

SS10440%207.jpg

SS10440%209.jpg

SS10440%2012.jpg

The kit will include: (blu-ray or red)

* The Stainless Steel 10440 host.
* The custom module.
* The pill will be drilled out and machined to fit the module as shown in the pictures.
* The extra parts from the flashlight will also be included.

$59 dollars plus $6 dollars shipping. (see my shipping policy below)

Options:

* Copper module upgrade - $8
* 'Hot' option - $48 This option includes a FlexDrive pre-mounted with current set as desired, and lead wires soldered on.
* 405-G-1 glass lens mod - $55 31% increase for blu-ray vs AixiZ acrylic! (new) See link in signature!
* 650-G-1 glass lens mod for red! (fit for AixiZ) - $52 25% increase for red vs AixiZ acrylic! (new) Shown here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...modification-fit-aixiz-25-increase-46332.html
* EzFocus adapter (knurled) - $20
* AixiZ 445 lens with custom Focus Knob - $25 See Here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...b-ezfocus-adapter-aixiz-445-lenses-51727.html
* Please read my shipping policy here!

I think your going to like this one! :D

Green mod:

This took a lot of little adjustments to get a 'shortened' O-like 50mW module to fit in clean...

* Using a 200mAh 10280 battery
* O-like 50mW module - Cut down
* Current draw - 420mA's - Over powered at 65mW's - 80mW's peak

Here are the pictures...

10440%20G%201.jpg

10440%20G%202.jpg

10440%20G%203.jpg

10440%20G%204.jpg

10440%20G%208.jpg

10440%20G%205.jpg

10440%20G%206.jpg

10440%20G%207.jpg

10440%20G%209.jpg

This set up gives amazingly good heatsinking to the module. The module sleeve is fit so that the host screws down onto it. (making the entire host, the heatsink) The tolerance for this fit is very close. Otherwise I would have a gap where the head meets the host...

Sweet little 65mW stainless steel greenie! :D

Last edited:

Another kit by jayrob:)
Is the clip removable?

This is turning out to be a expensive hobby. The list of things I want to get, is so long. I don't even know what project or purchase, should be first anymore.

jayrob

Yes, I believe it will just 'snap' off. But I did not do it. Because I don't want to take the chance that it will weaken it's grip to the host...

I know it will come off though. Because it can turn. I adjusted mine so that it lines up with the Cree logo. But it turns kind of hard. It seems to be 'snapped' on there pretty good! :)

SS10440 10.jpg

In case your wondering about the label on this one (405-G-3), I have been testing different lens manufactures. This lens was from company #3, it is very close to the same power increase as my 405-G-1, but not quite as good. About 3% less power with the same 'side splash'. The 405-G-1 is still the most power...

Last edited:

jayrob

Thanks guys!

Yes, the clip can be removed if desired...

This looks really awesome, yet I need to ask: Does it fit a (cut) O-Like module?

jayrob

The I.D. of the head is perfect for a green module... (will need a thin sleeve)

Edit: I will be able to fit a 10280 battery. Which is about 200mAh's capacity. (about 30 minutes or a little less)

I don't think it would be a danger to the battery. Because the 50mW O-like module (cut down - like shown in my 'Mini Green' thread), will not even lase without near 3 volts of input. So it will stop lasing before the battery drops to dangerous levels. (my guess)

It would fit completely inside with a little modification to the host and module. :) (I will show pictures soon - waiting on more hosts)

I already have a really stable (62mW) module that is already cut down. Keep checking back. I will soon show a very clean 62mW greenie with this beautiful little stainless steel host! :D

Last edited:

jayrob

'I reckon so'... (from Outlaw Josie Wales - all time favorite movie)

I will be able to fit a 10280 battery. Which is about 200mAh's capacity. (about 30 minutes or a little less)

I don't think it would be a danger to the battery. Because the 50mW O-like module (cut down - like shown in my 'Mini Green' thread), will not even lase without near 3 volts of input. So it will stop lasing before the battery drops to dangerous levels. (my guess)

It would fit completely inside with a little modification to the host and module. (I will show pictures soon - waiting on more hosts)

I already have a really stable (62mW) module that is already cut down. Keep checking back. I will soon show a very clean 62mW greenie with this beautiful little stainless steel host!

Thanks for the answer.

I'm still waiting for you to release a DIY RGV set :D I haven't seen many members selling RGV sets around here...

Last edited:

Rob

That is a fine looking host. I think it just might be my next DIY project. :D

jayrob

Thanks for the answer.

I'm still waiting for you to release a DIY RGV set :D I haven't seen many members selling RGV sets around here...

Well, I really don't think I could offer a kit that would be any better than what sightfx is offering.

Honestly... his kit is awesome!

Rob, thanks!

It is a really nice host. I ordered a few, and will keep one just for a flashlight as well...

jeffd

Well, I really don't think I could offer a kit that would be any better than what sightfx is offering.

Honestly... his kit is awesome!

Rob, thanks!

It is a really nice host. I ordered a few, and will keep one just for a flashlight as well...

I think he means a host that can be used with aixiz modules as well as green modules. So you can make a red, blu-ray and green set with matching hosts

I think he means a host that can be used with aixiz modules as well as green modules. So you can make a red, blu-ray and green set with matching hosts

Exactly my thoughts :)

I'm already designing a full RGV host (in my head, had it for months in there :p) to sell here, suitable for olike greens and aixiz as well, but I've yet to find a machinist in Argentina to do them.

Gone to college, exam today!