Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fs : Sold!

Re: FS : 445nm Ehgemus host! $225 shipped

As it is with most things. If you know how to build it you can save yourself money. If you are the sombody who can do that then more power to you. There are plenty of members here who aren't as skilled or who would just prefer someone else to build it. This sale is most likely for them.....not those who don't require this service.

Digger

As it is with most things. If you know how to build it you can save yourself money. If you are the sombody who can do that then more power to you. There are plenty of members here who aren't as skilled or who would just prefer someone else to build it. This sale is most likely for them.....not those who don't require this service.

Thanks yobresal!

daguin

Maybe im forgetting something, but couldnt somebody put together this exact kit for much less?
Host $50
Diode $50
Driver $30
lens $15
Battery $7
Plus everything would be brand new

Of course it's cheaper to build your own. That's what DIY is all about.

However, if you want it already put together and proven to work, you have to pay for more than the cost of parts.

In addition, this price is shipped (add $10) and there is cost to assembly (add $5)

His price is VERY reasonable for a finished laser of this type.

You can pay someone like him the ~$50 he gets to do the build or buy all the equipment and tools to do it and then learn to do it. ;)

Out in the "real world", custom work such as this, is charged at ~3X the cost of parts. That would be ~$450! We are VERY spoiled here :)

Peace,
dave

Digger

Thanks Dave! Well said!!

Just asking, didnt know If i missed something. Maybe the "new blue" craze adds some value to completed lasers too

daguin

Just asking, didnt know If i missed something. Maybe the "new blue" craze adds some value to completed lasers too

Quite the opposite. It has driven the price down. People THINK that they can get a QUALITY 445nm laser for ~$240 because of the Arctic. It is rapidly becoming clear that quality will cost a bit more ;)

Plus, there are many people who bought the Arctic and then decided it wasn't for them. They are selling at a loss to recover some of their money.

Peace,
dave

I am from Ohio also (Marblehead),are you interested in any knife or flashlight trades?I am one of "those people" that has no soldering skills (or equipment).I think that you are offering a Great price for people like me,just wish that I had the cash to do an outright purchase.
Thanks,
Joe

Digger

Not really looking for trades, thanks for the offer though.