Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Sold

jnrpop

SOLD

Hi everyone,

Got a spare so its up for grabs :D

For sale: 495nm diode, mounted in a copper 12mm module, Aluminium back, posts with a plastic lens, im running low on G2's :beer:
Attached is one of Astral's new Omnidrives set @ 220mA. It's doing 120mW with a G2 lens.
This is a complete "drop-in" module, just apply ~3.8-4.2V ( 1x 16340/18650 cell)

Price: SOLD
Postage: $7usd with tracking
Carrier: Deutsch post (7-9days)
Payment: Paypal F&F prefered, purchaser fronts the fee if standard payment is chosen.

Thankyou all :beer:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7610.JPG
    IMG_7610.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_7613.JPG
    IMG_7613.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 263
  • Jnrpop - 495nm @ 220mA..png.jpg
    Jnrpop - 495nm @ 220mA..png.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_7603.JPG
    IMG_7603.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

Re: FS: 495nm drop-in module @ 120mW

BTW, when you get the spectrometers, don't touch anything inside the optical bench with your bare hands. Lint free cotton gloves are best, but you can also use surgical gloves in a pinch. I removed the baffles with tools, so I didn't touch any surface inside the bench.

Good luck with your sale. Sounds like a good deal for a drop in module. I set mine for 275 mA, so you needn't be too conservative.

E: I had one omnidrive, but it was defective right out of the bag. :(

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Good luck with your sale, jnrpop, I'm sure it'll sell quick! Having it ready to drop in a host go is a real plus for many who don't want to do the set-up work!:beer:

I'd grab it myself if I didn't have one already. :yh:

Eracoy

Having it ready to drop in a host go is a real plus for many who don't want to do the set-up work!:beer::

I recently put one of these diodes together, and it is just about my ideal wavelength, clearly neither blue nor green. I went through a lot of trouble to get the driver attached, including accidentally frying one of the drivers setting the current. Having it already pressed into the module, with one of the drivers that can do it wired up and ready to go, THAT is convenience!

From your signature, Eracoy, it looks like you got one of all of the Sharp diodes that have come along. Did you have problems setting those up, or did someone do it for you? I guess it is all a learning experience. Having good test equipment and the right tools help a lot when it comes to doing this kind of work. :D

Last edited:

I'll take it as well pmed.

That's great, but I want to ask why not put them at 300ma instead of 220ma

jnrpop

Thanks everyone :beer:
Item has been sold to Alaskan Pending Payment :D
495 is an incredible w/l, to my eyes sometime with a blue tinge, sometimes with a slight green tinge but always a pleasure to look at, it's in my opinion a soft white.

Eracoy

From your signature, Eracoy, it looks like you got one of all of the Sharp diodes that have come along. Did you have problems setting those up, or did someone do it for you? I guess it is all a learning experience. Having good test equipment and the right tools help a lot when it comes to doing this kind of work. :D

I wired them up myself, but I think I damaged the driver accidentally running it without load. I have also taken to soldering a diode mount to the driver:

p1fgXIjh.jpg

I haven't lost a diode to construction since. If you have the couple millimeters to spare, it can help with both construction and supporting the pins so they don't bend/snap.

Last edited:

jnrpop

I wired them up myself, but I think I damaged the driver accidentally running it without load. I have also taken to soldering a diode mount to the driver:

I haven't lost a diode to construction since. If you have the couple millimeters to spare, it can help with both construction and supporting the pins so they don't bend/snap.

Excellent idea Eracoy :beer:
I've hunted around for those diode mounts before, didn't have any luck except a company called Odicforce in the UK, but they are a pricey item per piece. I'd image doing something similar if i ever purchased a PLT5-488 diode knowing how expensive they are, wouldn't be cutting/soldering those pins :crackup:

Last edited:

I do use a socket when testing diodes, but I prefer to solder diodes directly to the driver on these low current builds. The pins won't bend if you make them short enough, and there is no chance of a resistive connection becoming an issue later on.

Got the 495 nm diode module today, installed in a Lifetime host, such a color!

Dot doesn't look round in this photo due to intensity.

Got the 495 nm diode module today, installed in a Lifetime host, such a color!

Dot doesn't look round in this photo due to intensity.

Duuud!! That is just beautiful color!!
If you don't like it, you can always send it here :D :D