Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Side click 400mw 405

Bump.

If anyone purchases this laser within the next 72 hours. I will throw in a free gift at no extra charge :)

You should really just take out the g1 lens, use it for something else, and sell this one at a reduced price.

While a great laser, it doesn't make sense to a potential buyer... 400mW of 405nm can be had for a whole lot less off the forum, and even less then that if self built.

Well... I wish it was that easy. There's multiple problems with that.

The lens is glued into the focus ring... and even if you could get it out. You would have to glue the new one back in.

The focus knob or whatever you want to call it has different threads vs a standard aixiz knob. So you cannot swap knobs.

Lastly if you wanted to change out the whole module, I believe these lasers4u modules are a different size (smaller) than an aixiz module.

Therefore it would be much more work than its worth JUST to change out the lens for a cheaper one :(

:undecided: It's certainly a unique laser at least.

You might be better off just keeping it. I know it sucks, but guess how I feel about spending over a hundred for a 150mW 405nm which I later lost:p

You could also buy another lasers4u module & switch the lens half. He doesn't have a listing up for it at the moment but you can ask him.
The lens could be held in with a press fit retaining ring as the bare module was sold with it.
The module was also sold with g1 lens already installed by lasers4u.
It was listed as: 405nm Laser Module Housing, BARE- no lens Knurl type $8.99
Its 10.5mm dia, 19mm long w/ focus nut, 14.5 w/o. Attached is lasers4u's pictures (forgot I had them).

Attachments

• 405G module_Nut 10.5 dia 19mm $9woLens.JPG
    405G module_Nut 10.5 dia 19mm $9woLens.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 405G module_Nut $32wLens.JPG
    405G module_Nut $32wLens.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited: