Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Sanwu Laser store - RGB handheld lasers, 405nm,445nm,465nm,470nm,505nm,515nm,520nm,525nm,635nm,650nm

Teej

Hi teej,

The 7w diode is simply too powerful for the ranger to handle.

We offer 9 different housings for the Ranger, you can add 6 tritium vials on style 2/3/5/6,
11 vials on style 8 & 9,
18 vials on 1 & 4,
23 vials on style 7
to create your own personal laser housing.

The tritium vials are available in red, blue, green, white, yellow, violet, orange and pink colors.

You still need to press the switch first to power the ranger laser, turning the ring while the laser is off won't do anything.

Thanks!

If the ring is in the lowest power position when on, and then turned off with the switch, does hitting the switch again make it come on at that lowest setting?

And, maybe its the browser, but, I can't blow up the pics of the styles to see the differences/tell them apart....

Could you post that here?

:D

And, just in case... if I want the 7 watt monster.... is there a way to lock it out in single mode, or is only the one with a lock out means, the one with multiple power outputs?

Do you have to go through strobe, etc, to get to lock it out, on the multi version, or is there a quick way to just turn it off and lock it?

- Thank you!

Last edited:

Podo

If the ring is in the lowest power position when on, and then turned off with the switch, does hitting the switch again make it come on at that lowest setting?

Yes, it remains in low power.

And, maybe its the browser, but, I can't blow up the pics of the styles to see the differences/tell them apart....

Check the attached images.

And, just in case... if I want the 7 watt monster.... is there a way to lock it out in single mode, or is only the one with a lock out means, the one with multiple power outputs?

We can add the safety lock feature to single mode lasers if you request in the order.

Do you have to go through strobe, etc, to get to lock it out, on the multi version, or is there a quick way to just turn it off and lock it?

No, there is no quick way, you must perform three half-presses to lock the laser and five half-presses to unlock the laser, strobe is just an indicator to tell you that the laser is being locked and unlocked.

Attachments

• retf34d.png
    retf34d.png
    481.7 KB · Views: 20
  • ranger__5_.jpg
    ranger__5_.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 20

Teej

Yes, it remains in low power.

Check the attached images.

We can add the safety lock feature to single mode lasers if you request in the order.

No, there is no quick way, you must perform three half-presses to lock the laser and five half-presses to unlock the laser, strobe is just an indicator to tell you that the laser is being locked and unlocked.

Thanks!

I ordered a Ranger, style 7, 445 nm 5 w with a BE.

After reflection on it all, the striker would be too large to casually carry about, and the Ranger is the right size, and 5 watts 445 is still going to work for me.

I have both 18350 and 18650's, and it appears it can put out all 5 watts with an 18350? (And just last longer with two 18350's, or an 18650?)

Does it work better with two 18350's, or an 18650, etc.... as far as output, or doesn't it matter?

- Thanks!

Teej

Thanks!

I ordered a Ranger, style 7, 445 nm 5 w with a BE.

After reflection on it all, the striker would be too large to casually carry about, and the Ranger is the right size, and 5 watts 445 is still going to work for me.

I have both 18350 and 18650's, and it appears it can put out all 5 watts with an 18350? (And just last longer with two 18350's, or an 18650?)

Does it work better with two 18350's, or an 18650, etc.... as far as output, or doesn't it matter?

- Thanks!

I am still waiting to find out what cells to use for what reasons, etc.

I received the laser, and the workmanship is amazing, really great.

But, with one 18350 is gives a dot, not a bar, and, it blinks on/off, and the dot is not staying on.

Turning the power ring doesn't seem to change the intensity (At least to the eye through OD 7 glasses...)
one 18650 is too short with the extension tube on, so it doesn't make contact.

Is this something wrong with it, or, is there an easy fix?

Please advise on the cells and the power/ blinking dot issues.

Thanks!

Looks like you may have gotten one with the safety lock out feature on it and it's in lock out mode....? You said you wanted that feature and Podo said he could do it. My Sanwus with lock out do that dot and blinky(I think when you button around with it in lock out mode).. Try to do the 5 half presses and see if it comes out of lock out mode..? But whatever you do, don't put two cells in there until you know for sure. Those potentiometer type lasers always use one cell as far as I'm aware.

Podo

I am still waiting to find out what cells to use for what reasons, etc.

I received the laser, and the workmanship is amazing, really great.

But, with one 18350 is gives a dot, not a bar, and, it blinks on/off, and the dot is not staying on.

Turning the power ring doesn't seem to change the intensity (At least to the eye through OD 7 glasses...)
one 18650 is too short with the extension tube on, so it doesn't make contact.

Is this something wrong with it, or, is there an easy fix?

Please advise on the cells and the power/ blinking dot issues.

Thanks!

Hi Teej,

You can do a simply half-tap to change mode, the ranger runs in four different modes, some of them only changes the strobe speed when you turn the "power ring". And when the beam stops blinking, it's in full power mode which allows you to adjust the power.

Teej

Hi Teej,

You can do a simply half-tap to change mode, the ranger runs in four different modes, some of them only changes the strobe speed when you turn the "power ring". And when the beam stops blinking, it's in full power mode which allows you to adjust the power.

Thanks!

Can you also clarify the cell options?

As in, can I use two 18350's with that extension tube, or, will that cause a disruption in the spacetime continuum or other problems, and, I tried one 18650 with the extension tube, but the cell was too short, by a lot, and would not make contact.

So, what is the extension tube for/how do I use it?

- Thanks!

Podo

Thanks!

Can you also clarify the cell options?

As in, can I use two 18350's with that extension tube, or, will that cause a disruption in the spacetime continuum or other problems, and, I tried one 18650 with the extension tube, but the cell was too short, by a lot, and would not make contact.

So, what is the extension tube for/how do I use it?

- Thanks!

With the extension tube, you need protected 18650 cell in a length between 69mm - 70mm.

Have you turned the other ring? There are two rings. One is the power ring and the other is the mode ring.

Teej

Have you turned the other ring? There are two rings. One is the power ring and the other is the mode ring.

LOL - No.

Only one turns like a control, that I saw so far, so, that's the power. (One down, one to go...)

Podo said half presses do the modes... so, another ring would be interesting.

The potential things to "turn", starting with the butt/switch end, are the butt switch cap...

... then the power ring (Narrowest and with only one trit slot)

... and then the fattest ring (With flutes and trit slots)

... and then the head end (With trit slots but no flutes)

Its style 7 if that helps.

So, I will go play with it and see which seems to do something.... but I had a stroke at the beginning of the month, whacking my left eye out of commission among other things, so, it's been hard to read/notice details.

Getting old sucks.

I'll have to dust off my 488nm Ranger and take a look at it.. I could have sworn it had two rings that did stuff

Ok, I was playing around with my Laser Ranger today.. I was wrong, it only has the one ring. I got it mixed up with my Striker Saber that had the two power rings. So with the half clicks on the button, it just cycles through the three modes: constant, strobe, and s.o.s.. What do you mean by "the dot is not staying on"? Are you saying the power of the laser is shutting off? Sounds like you may have battery problems. What kind of battery do you have in there? An 18350 is already being pushed to the max to push enough power for a 5 watt output,.. but have a cheap battery and that's a no go

Podo

Black Friday Sales is Coming!!! Best discounts of the year!!!

Get 10 - 30% discount on any purchases, promotion starting from 11/27 and ends on 11/30.

Use code BFG1000 to get 10% OFF on any purchase> $150
Use code BFG2000 to get 20% OFF on any purchase> $400
Use code BFG3000 to get 30% OFF on any purchase> $900

Visit our store: www.sanwulasers.com

***SANWU reserves the right to terminate the offer and final rights in this offer in case of any disputes.