Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Sanwu Laser store - RGB handheld lasers, 405nm,445nm,465nm,470nm,505nm,515nm,520nm,525nm,635nm,650nm

Re: FS: Sanwu Laser store - R/G/B handhelds x3 BE & Stainless steel "The Spiker" rele

I think it's better to just buy and wait for a flat top battery first and save the fun later rather than using papercuts. You said you tightened the tailcap all the way and adjusted its level for a few times. It sounds the tailcap is not in its right position to me.

Just made a video for the Electronic lock showcase if anyone find it helps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6bsMpW6Snk

And maybe you should run a mutli-meter check first?

I checked my battery with a multimeter, it's fully charged and fine. I inserted the battery into the laser and completed the circuit with a multimeter-- the connection is good, but the laser isn't turning on.

Here's a picture of the reading. 4.17 volts (from a battery that's rated 3.7V!), but no pretty blue light.

I haven't disassembled the laser, though if you'd like me to remove the heatsink and diode assembly, I'm able and willing to do that. It appears it screws in similar to how the button screws into the tailcap.

Re: FS: Sanwu Laser store - R/G/B handhelds x3 BE & Stainless steel "The Spiker" rele

Ahh Elly you may have it locked.

What is it? 4 pulses to unlock?

I like mine just on-off.

Was that an option?

Last edited:

Ahh Elly you may have it locked.

^^^Yep^^^

I like mine just on-off.

Was that an option?

I got his single mode driver, he's got just basic on-off or electronic lock/power percentage control.

I'd say if worse comes to worst, discuss the issue with Podo via PM and see if you can send it to him and see if he can repair it, but my thoughts are exactly as RCB stated you might have it locked - see what you can do!

Last edited:

^^^Yep^^^

I got his single mode driver, he's got just basic on-off or electronic lock/power percentage control.

I'd say if worse comes to worst, discuss the issue with Podo via PM and see if you can send it to him and see if he can repair it, but my thoughts are exactly as RCB stated you might have it locked - see what you can do!

Wait, there's a lock? I feel like an idiot-- a happy idiot, though!

I tried to unlock it, but I think I'm not spacing the clicks out right. It's a bit difficult, either I don't hold down long enough, or I push too hard and do a full click.

Youtube is blocked on campus, but I'll watch the video you linked when I'm in town tomorrow. Thanks!

Podo

Wait, there's a lock? I feel like an idiot-- a happy idiot, though!

I tried to unlock it, but I think I'm not spacing the clicks out right. It's a bit difficult, either I don't hold down long enough, or I push too hard and do a full click.

Youtube is blocked on campus, but I'll watch the video you linked when I'm in town tomorrow. Thanks!

If it's locked on safety mode, you should able to see a dim laser dot though.

Remember to wait 2~3 seconds after you finished the clicks.

Last edited:

If it's locked on safety mode, you should able to see a dim laser dot though.

Remember to wait 2~3 seconds after you finished the clicks.

Ah, safety mode, no, I don't see a dim dot. There's no light at all. I thought Cowboy meant there was a mode where, if you clicked the button a certain amount of times, no light at all will come from the aperture.

Podo

Ah, safety mode, no, I don't see a dim dot. There's no light at all. I thought Cowboy meant there was a mode where, if you clicked the button a certain amount of times, no light at all will come from the aperture.

pmed.

Having made an order from you Podo (Which I expect will be shipping tomorrow, no? :p) I do think there is a slight improvement that could be made to your webstore; An email confirming the order. At the moment, all I have is the email from paypal confirming the funds have been sent, and while I know your reputation on here is good (Otherwise I wouldn't have ordered), it would probably give good peace of mind for new customers such as myself if there was an order confirmation email.

That aside, I'm giddy waiting for my new laser and am sure it will live up to expectation :)

Podo

Having made an order from you Podo (Which I expect will be shipping tomorrow, no? :p) I do think there is a slight improvement that could be made to your webstore; An email confirming the order. At the moment, all I have is the email from paypal confirming the funds have been sent, and while I know your reputation on here is good (Otherwise I wouldn't have ordered), it would probably give good peace of mind for new customers such as myself if there was an order confirmation email.

That aside, I'm giddy waiting for my new laser and am sure it will live up to expectation :)

Thank you for the suggestion, will do it.

Last edited:

Thank you for the suggestion, will do it.

No worries. Oh, and could I add a G7 lens to my order? I forgot to add it and only just realised.

Podo, I know you're a busy man these days due to great success but I have sent you a pm a couple weeks ago with questions about ordering as well as posted the same question here in the thread. Is there a better way to contact you or could you take a look in your inbox. thanks

Olympus you should e-mail Sanwu, I e-mailed them today actually and they replied 30 mins later. hkfew5e22@hotmail.com