Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Saik SA-305 Kit! With Options, Including a 32600 Li-Ion Battery...

Lucian

Are these still available?

My father and I are interested in adding a few various lasers to our survival kit and also in picking up a new hobby. I think this HOT option looks like a safe first build. I was wondering if it would be possible to use a 473nm with this though? Not quite sure how to tell that yet..

*EDIT* Although based on price of those diodes, i won't be.

Last edited:

jimdt7

My father and I are interested in adding a few various lasers to our survival kit and also in picking up a new hobby. I think this HOT option looks like a safe first build. I was wondering if it would be possible to use a 473nm with this though? Not quite sure how to tell that yet..

Sorry to say, but there aren't any 473nm diode !
The closest diode in NM to it is the C@$!0 445nm diode ;)

Jim

jayrob

:thanks:

Yes I have them...

Send me a PM! :beer:

Lucian

Sorry to say, but there aren't any 473nm diode !
The closest diode in NM to it is the C@$!0 445nm diode ;)

Jim

I see some listed on ebay but they are hundreds. I know some things aren't real laser diodes though is this one of those cases?

I also apologize if that seems like a dumb question. I've owned plenty of premade lasers before but never bothered to pick up on the inner workings until now. I assure you anything that may seem insulting is actually just ignorance, and not meant derogatory. Thank you all for your help anyways :p

Last edited:

Stix62

My kit arrived today, thanks Jay :D

What a great little chunky host it is. It looked pretty good to me in the pictures on the first post, but this is better than I was expecting (I must have smaller hands....lol)

I'm really looking forward to building this one up :D

n00b13

I want to put a 500-700mw 445nm diode in here and im still a n00b to all this laser stuff so what would be a good driver to put in here and at what current also which battery would work well all advice would be much appreciated!
thanks!

jayrob

I want to put a 500-700mw 445nm diode in here and im still a n00b to all this laser stuff so what would be a good driver to put in here and at what current also which battery would work well all advice would be much appreciated!
thanks!

Hit me with a PM and I'll link you to the proper safety glasses, diode, build kit recommendations, etc... :beer:

Last edited:

jayrob

What would the duty cycle be if you ran the driver at 1W?

At 1 Watt, you can easily use it at a 2 minute duty...

Probably a lot more, but I always recommend a conservative duty cycle. :beer:

Jayrob, I seem to remember you advertising cutting out the host body to fit a 32600 battery. Are you still offering that? Also just how much needs to be taken off to accommodate the larger battery? Just wondering if i could mod my current host by honing it out. Thanks.

jayrob

Jayrob, I seem to remember you advertising cutting out the host body to fit a 32600 battery. Are you still offering that? Also just how much needs to be taken off to accommodate the larger battery? Just wondering if i could mod my current host by honing it out. Thanks.

Yes I used to offer that as an option...

It involves boring out the inside diameter of the body on the lathe.

The reason that I no longer offer it, is because KD does not have that 32600 cell any longer.

They now have 32650's, and they are too long for the Saik host...