Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: REDUCED: DL Spartan BP 40mW £235 + Hulk 150mW £135 - (*UK ONLY*)

VW

For sale is my Spartan BP and Hulk both from Dragon Lasers. Things have come up in my life so I'm having to let these go especially since they don't get as much use as they should do. These lasers have been underused and well looked after, kept in storage most of the time. I accept PayPal ONLY and must be sent as goods and as of right now I ship to the UK ONLY via Special Delivery with tracking. Each laser comes free with a pair of laser safety glasses.

img1455m.jpg

Light show with burning incents.

Laser Show with Green & Blue lasers & a Diffraction Grating - YouTube

Spartan BP 473nm - £235 shipped

Peak - 52mW
Average - 47mW

There's quite a bit of history behind this laser, this is actually the third Spartan BP I've owned from DL. The first I got was considerably under spec and dropped power within a matter of seconds, so I sent it back. The second one was also under powered and had a faulty tail cap, so I sent that back as well. This one now I believe is a personal unit from someone at DL as it does not have a warning label and has a scratch on the outside of the shell. Don't let this put you off though as this is by far the most stable unit I've had and what's more important is how it performs as opposed to how it looks. This unit peaks at 52mW and holds a solid average of 47mW for way over a minute.

The Spartan BP is near Tem00 so you won't get a perfect dot all the time, but I have observed this laser in Tem00 as well as near Tem00 (verified by use of beam expander) so it's perfectly capable of doing so given the right conditions. The specs of the Spartan BP have also dropped over time, so what you're getting in this sale is something you will not get from DL now, as it was advertised on the website as having a beam apature of 1.6mm when this unit was sent to me, as opposed to 1.8mm they are advertising now.

In the beginning I paid £500 for this laser, and I'm letting it go for half price given the price of the Spartan BP now. It has barely been used, has had an on time of perhaps one hour all together at the most. DL are only selling 30mW lasers (not including the luck of getting an over spec unit), so what you're getting here is guarenteed 40mW+ average for less than the price of a current Spartan BP.

Power Test

It's quite hard to see, but you can make the needle out on my meter. The laser slowly climbs up peaking at over 50mW, and settles in the upper ranges of 40mW. Other Spartans I've had in the past climbed fast and died fast, this is by FAR the best Spartan BP I ever recieved from them and I've had three units to make the comparison, no gambling, what you see is what you get.

Hulk - £135 shipped + FREE Transmition Beam Fan Diffraction Grating

Peak - 219mW
Average - 212mW
Lowest reading - 157mW

Very VERY solid unit, considerably over spec by over 50mW. Peaks out at 219mW and holds a solid average of 212mW for over five minutes (longest I tested), lowest reading I ever got from this laser was 157mW and that's when the batteries were drained, so you're never going to see this laser underspec and it's considerably over spec at the best of times. Nothing much else I can say about it really!

Last edited:

jimdt7

Re: FS: Dragon Lasers Spartan BP 40mW 473nm £270 + Hulk 150mW 532nm £170 - (*UK ONLY*

Good luck with your sale :beer:

Paddy

Re: FS: Dragon Lasers Spartan BP 40mW 473nm + Hulk 150mW 532nm - (*UK ONLY*)

Shame this wasn't posted a few weeks earlier, was looking for a hulk. :(

VW

Shame this wasn't posted a few weeks earlier, was looking for a hulk. :(
I've been contemplating selling for a few weeks lol. :( I'm sorry too!

Paddy

If you ever lower the price let me know :p
Where abouts in the UK are you btw?

VW

What are you interested in? I'm in the north east.

I PM'ed you.

Dam =( too bad you don't live any closer to me otherwise i would have taken the 473 off you. Been looking for a 473 portable

m0odv

call me please with regard to your hulk.
Im in Hull.

Wow I smell Brits :D
Last time I was on here, there was only me and one other member from the UK :p

Laser prices are still incredibly high today! After all these years, I thought prices would have come down eventually.

ped

Yeal i'm in Liverpool.

But these are too rich for me. GL with the sale!.

VW

Re: FS: Dragon Lasers Spartan BP 40mW £235 + Hulk 150mW £135 - (*UK ONLY*)

Prices reduced!