Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Phoenix 75mw(sold)

VW

Re: FS: Phoenix 75mw

SenKat_Stonetek said:
VW - I just have to jump in here - what have you bought from Wicked that was crappy ?  Seriously, folks continue to hammer on WL, for no reason - I only know of one person (personally) that has had ANY troubles with returning a laser to them that was defunct, but he got his money back, so it's a moot point.  Seriously, though - without proof, it is simply hearsay - there are too many well established WL haters on here for a relative newcomer to be jumping on the bandwagon like that - don't fall for the hype and hate - be an independent minded person, not a sheep following the flock.
High prices, low powers and a hella bad reputation is enough for me to come to the conclusion that there are better choices out there.  Yes I have no experience with WL, but after witnessing their lies first hand and reading about their "power" habbits, I know that I don't want to waste my money on them.  If you were to compare a WL 75mW to a CNI 75mW, the general concensus would be that the CNI pen is the better choice because the companies selling them have cheaper prices and are more reliable.  Like I say, this is all my opinion, but if I was faced with this choice, I know what I would choose.  WL are far too over priced, anyone can see that...

Like I say man, good luck.  I want a B-R also so I know how you feel...

Razako

SenKat_Stonetek said:
VW - I just have to jump in here - what have you bought from Wicked that was crappy ? Seriously, folks continue to hammer on WL, for no reason - I only know of one person (personally) that has had ANY troubles with returning a laser to them that was defunct, but he got his money back, so it's a moot point. Seriously, though - without proof, it is simply hearsay - there are too many well established WL haters on here for a relative newcomer to be jumping on the bandwagon like that - don't fall for the hype and hate - be an independent minded person, not a sheep following the flock.
My pulsar is significantly underpowered and has no form of regulation or even a driver. Too bad I didn't buy one of the MXDL lasers from jayrob instead.
Btw the DX200 reds which are superior in every way are 1/5 of the price of a new pulsar125.
nuff said...

Razako said:
[quote author=SenKat_Stonetek link=1210884248/12#15 date=1211558145]VW - I just have to jump in here - what have you bought from Wicked that was crappy ? Seriously, folks continue to hammer on WL, for no reason - I only know of one person (personally) that has had ANY troubles with returning a laser to them that was defunct, but he got his money back, so it's a moot point. Seriously, though - without proof, it is simply hearsay - there are too many well established WL haters on here for a relative newcomer to be jumping on the bandwagon like that - don't fall for the hype and hate - be an independent minded person, not a sheep following the flock.
My pulsar is significantly underpowered and has no form of regulation or even a driver. Too bad I didn't buy one of the MXDL lasers from jayrob instead.
Btw the DX200 reds which are superior in every way are 1/5 of the price of a new pulsar125.
nuff said...
[/quote]

Oh - well, the Pulsars are not advertised as having regulation - if it was underpowered, why didn't you return it ? Not a "fanboi" here, just talking sense into what is a very over populated group of WL haters for absolutely no valid reason to talk smack about them. BUT - everyone is entitled to their opinions, just be a little cautious how you proclaim who is scamming who, etc - it just plain isn't nice ;)

the laser is not underpowerd.The dot is nice and clear.No sratshes on the lens.(160$)

WickedAlex - I have had two Phoenix lasers from WL - one was putting out 135mw STEADY - no mode hopping, etc...I raffled that one off recently. I still have one that I carry in my pocket almost daily - it puts out a solid 90mw CONSTANTLY. So, that is two for two above their stated output levels - no tweaking, no special batts, just plain old ordinary NiMh Energizer AAA's at 1.2V each, 900Mah capacity. They are damned nice, solid lasers - anyone who gets one that is underpowered (and you better prove it with a calibrated LPM) should return it for a replacement, simple as that - pretty daggum easy, in my book :) You should sell this fairly easy to someone who knows lasers, their intrinsic value, and can ignore the BS hype that is thrown about at WL.

The only real problem with Wicked is the prices are too expensive.

So a second hand Wicked Laser is an excellent deal, because you'll get it for a more reasonable price :)

daguin

wickedALEX said:
Or i also exchange the phoenix to 4 PHR-803t diodes.

I'll trade you the four diodes harvested from PHR-803t sleds for it.

I like trades much better than purchases ;) Stuff you don't want or need anymore for stuff I don't want or need anymore = win-win :)

Peace,
dave

VW

That's a good deal!!! Good $150 worth right there...

daguin

VW said:
That's a good deal!!! Good $150 worth right there...

[highlight]!!!!!!THREADJACK!!!!!![/highlight]

VW,

The manual should be in your mailbox. Check it and let me know it made it OK.

Peace,
dave

daguin

wickedALEX said:
i am intrested in your trade ;) do you have msn or skype?

You're "interested" ;) ?

You offered to trade it for four diodes. I offered you four diodes for it. I didn't try to jack you down. This isn't a negotiating position. Or is there more that I need to know about the laser or the offer. If there is more, do it here in the open. If not, PM me if you're up for the trade you offered. I'll give you my email address. I can ship diodes still fresh in their heatsinks, on Tuesday (remember Monday's a holiday here.) If you want them still in their sleds, it will take me a couple of more days for the new shipment to come in.

Peace,
dave