Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: New 'Side Button' Host/Heatsink Combo Kit!

jayrob

(host is sold out from DX)

Here's a nice side button host/heatsink combo kit that I will be offering with the usual options...

It is a very nice host, and an easy build. I hope this host stays available. The last couple of side button hosts that I found, became hard to get.

The heatsink can be custom fit for most any module.

Here are the pictures:

13806-4.jpg

13806-1.jpg

13806-2.jpg

13806-3.jpg

Here's the price breakdown and options:

* Basic Combo Kit - $35 plus shipping. This is includes the host and the heatsink.

Then you can add these options if desired:

* 'Hot' option - $48 This option includes a FlexDrive pre-mounted with current set as desired, and lead wires soldered on.
* AixiZ module - $5
* 405-G-1 glass lens mod - $55 31% increase for blu-ray vs AixiZ acrylic! (new) See link in signature!
* 650-G-1 glass lens mod for red! (fit for AixiZ) - $52 25% increase for red vs AixiZ acrylic! (new) Shown here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...modification-fit-aixiz-25-increase-46332.html
* Shipping - $6
* If you only want the heatsink - $23 dollars plus $3 dollars for shipping and handling.
* Please read my shipping policy here!

Kryton EzFocus Adapter! - Must See! :D
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_...ad.php?t=22510

Last edited:

Re: FS: New Side Button Host/Heatsink Combo Kit!

Do you just like sit at home and create new sh*t all day? :p :D

Last edited:

If you have anything at all to eat, isn't that the usual end result ? ;D ;D ;D ;D.....rob

jayrob

HumanSymphony said:
Do you just like sit at home and create new sh*t all day? :p

Let's just say that I love this hobby! :cool:

We needed a good side button host that is an easy build...

Here it is! :)
Jay

I'm seriously considering this. Although I still have never built my own laser before. I think I might get your DIY Green thing first, as that doesn't require a soldering iron (which I don't have), and I really have no idea what I would be doing. The green kit is quite a bit more expensive (semi-tight budget, I just got a job but I'm saving for a car), so I'm debating whether I should go out and buy all the equipment I need to assemble this thing, or just get the green kit. Any suggestions on what I should do?

culexor said:
I'm seriously considering this.  Although I still have never built my own laser before.  I think I might get your DIY Green thing first, as that doesn't require a soldering iron (which I don't have), and I really have no idea what I would be doing.  The green kit is quite a bit more expensive (semi-tight budget, I just got a job but I'm saving for a car), so I'm debating whether I should go out and buy all the equipment I need to assemble this thing, or just get the green kit.  Any suggestions on what I should do?
Soldering iron and solder. Apart they are useless, but together, they make lasers! :D Once you start making lasers, there is no going back to a simple boring life where you aren't making lasers (jayrob is living proof of this :p ). Get the equipment, it's really not much. You WILL need it in the future! ;)

I figured, any suggestions on the equipment I should buy? (Preferably easiest to use, etc. for beginners....also at a good price)

...Maybe I should start a new thread for this, I don't want to go off on a tangent in someone else's thread.

jayrob

There are lots of tutorials in the Tutorial and help section 'stickied' at the top of the section...

By the way, there is one soldering task for the DIY Green Kit. That is to solder a small wire across the button switch on your module to by-pass the switch.
Jay

jayrob said:
By the way, there is one soldering task for the DIY Green Kit. That is to solder a small wire across the button switch on your module to by-pass the switch.
Jay
Oh, I forgot about that. Well, it looks like I might get this kit. What batteries do you recommend (or just plain AAA's)?

Can this be used as a green kit as well? I think the driver is too long and you'd need some sort of button mod, but worth an ask.

jayrob

culexor, the host takes 3 X AAA and I personally like the Energizer e2 Lithium primaries. But any normal AAA batteries will work with the FlexDrive. Even Alkaline batteries, or 1.2 volt rechargeable batteries! :)

Th0ughts, I suppose it could be fit for a green module if the heatsink stuck out the front some. But I'm not too sure about running the green modules at 4.5 volts. Although it would work, it may not be too good for the module...
Jay

jayrob said:
culexor, the host takes 3 X AAA and I personally like the Energizer e2 Lithium primaries. But any normal AAA batteries will work with the FlexDrive. Even Alkaline batteries, or 1.2 volt rechargeable batteries! :)

Th0ughts, I suppose it could be fit for a green module if the heatsink stuck out the front some. But I'm not too sure about running the green modules at 4.5 volts. Although it would work, it may not be too good for the module...
Jay

Looks very nice!
These builds are great for high power red lasers cause of there big heatsinks, how long does it take you to make these heatsinks anyways?

jayrob

There are costs in the heatsink material, including the set screws and packaging too. I guess about 1/2 hour for time... with the threading of the set screw and everything. I try not to think about all the time that is involved in packaging/messaging/post office, etc... ;D
Jay

jayrob

Zithras, your Side button host/heatsink combo kits shipped today. (and other items)

Should be very easy builds for you... Please post back when you build them! :)
Jay

jayrob

GodXanatos, your side button host/heatsink combo kit will be in Monday's mail!

Hope you build goes well and please post back! :)
Jay

Weird, I could have sworn I made a post in this thread...but I guess not.

Anyway, question Jay. How much room is there from the bottom of the pill to the top of the host where the AixiZ module would stick out?