Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: New RPL Green 450mW w/ extras!

Pseudo. If you are going to attack the values of a represented company. Put the facts up, or shut the F**K up

Jase

Tallaxo said:
Pseudo.  If you are going to attack the values of a represented company.  Put the facts up, or shut the F**K up

Jase

Feel free to send me a PM. I'm not mean enough to put the facts up, or timid enough to just shut the F**K up.

Tallaxo said:
Pseudo.  If you are going to attack the values of a represented company.  Put the facts up, or shut the F**K up

Jase

wow that came out of the blue
can't we just let the man sell his laser in peace

me_too_lazy said:
[quote author=Tallaxo link=1192033897/15#16 date=1192232404]Pseudo. If you are going to attack the values of a represented company. Put the facts up, or shut the F**K up

Jase

wow that came out of the blue
can't we just let the man sell his laser in peace[/quote]

It was partially uncalled for, but not random. He was referring to this:

"However, things have changed with optotronics. For your own sake, I'll spare the details, but I've been pretty appalled with some of the information that's been passed around by lately to the point I feel my loyalty to the laser hobby takes precedence."

H

High_Octane

If I where to have said that, At least I would have been a little more classier about it.
You could call this the TL method ;)

Attachments

• wheel-stfu.jpg
    wheel-stfu.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 128
pseudonomen137 said:
[quote author=Tallaxo link=1192033897/15#16 date=1192232404]Pseudo. If you are going to attack the values of a represented company. Put the facts up, or shut the F**K up

Jase

Feel free to send me a PM. I'm not mean enough to put the facts up, or timid enough to just shut the F**K up.
[/quote]
Then why did you even suggest that facts were available?
Planting seeds of doubt is often as damaging as real facts. If you had a problem with Jack's business ethics then you should have kept it to tells, or made it public.

Pretty low blow to use a public forum like that.

Jase

Daedal

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1192236144]This Thread[/link]

You did not respond to my PM.

I did not join this forum just to crap on your thread.

My offer of $1k is real. Ask Jack he will tell you I am not full of it.

My laser experience is 20 years, six of them professional.

I don't really care for all the bickering (who's on first BS).

If you have a functioning unit that puts out 450mW real power and will not blow up when used (as a tool not a toy for popping balloons) I'm interested.

Rhith

Anyone interested in this unit I would say go for it. I support both Carter in his personal sales (I even bought my laser from him) and with Optotronics to prove time and time again then they are in the top for high powered hand held lasers. I know many people, including myself, would wish for nothing more then to have an "RPL-450" or any RPL at the and this is a very generous offer that Carter has. Though I don't want to show any offense, but $1,000 USD would be a dirt cheap steal for this unit. You have to consider in that he had to pay for the unit, get the unit shipped and all the complications that came along with that, and he has very nice testing equipment that he had to pay for. If I had the money I would be all over this unit but sadly students don't have over $1,400 USD just sitting around to spend on something as amazing as this. As for Jack, I understand your concern as a business and your personal life concerns that you have to deal with. I know Carter wasn't trying to attack you, many of us just identify this style of laser as an "RPL". I have actually talked about these units that he is getting, I fully believe that they are legit. I don't wish to continue on as we are really digressing form the point at hand and this is over the sale of an amazing laser. I send my regards to both of you and your close friend Jack. Take care.

Tallaxo said:
Then why did you even suggest that facts were available?
Planting seeds of doubt is often as damaging as real facts. If you had a problem with Jack's business ethics then you should have kept it to tells, or made it public.

Pretty low blow to use a public forum like that.

Jase
Not suggesting the facts were available, just suggesting I had my own reasons. If you're that curious, again, I invite you to send me a PM and we can discuss this in detail. Sorry if you don't agree with me here, but if that's the case I'm gunna have to pull a Timelord and let you know that I don't give a damn.

@ Jack. I'm sorry, my mistake about the company deal, I was led astray by Mr. Beland in that respect. I'm also sorry if I came across as saying you had poor business ethics. I have to admit there are many aspects of optotronics I disagree with, and may be able to improve upon, but its still a top tier company in my book along with laserglow and novalasers. I'm definitely glad to have people like you to turn to in a hobby riddled with wickedlasers and spymode wannabes. If I offer any more of these lasers, I will try to come up with a new name for them so we can differentiate our services (anyone got any suggestions? ;)), and I promise I will do my best to maintain the RPL reputation.

S

SenKat

Here is what is going to happen with this thread - it is now locked. Pseudo - you may open a new thread to re-post your item for sale, I cannot tollerate the dammaging bickering going back and forth any longer. This is a community, and we WILL all get along :) Nope - that is not a request ! Yeah, big, old, mean, SenKat stepping in to ruin the fun - get over it :)

Rhith said:
. Though I don't want to show any offense, but $1,000 USD would be a dirt cheap steal for this unit. You have to consider in that he had to pay for the unit, get the unit shipped and all the complications that came along with that, and he has very nice testing equipment that he had to pay for.

For the BIN price I could buy one just as good if not better from the original person. $1k is not an unreasonable offer for this unit. And AFAIK it's the only serious offer that's been posted.