Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: New RPL Green 450mW w/ extras!

Well, I have a rare treat to offer all of you. I recently got a hold of an ultra-rare, authentic RPL unit that tests in the 450mW range. This unit is NOT from optotronics, but it is from the same manufacturer, and will be the same as if you ordered from optotronics (except for the stickers on the case?).

Anyway, so here's what I'm offering in a package:
- RPL >450mW unit (with accession # for legality in the US)
- Power graph/certificate affirming output
- TWO endcaps - both the adjustable and non adjustable w/ keys
- 2 month manufacturer's warranty
- Battery Charger
- (2) quality 18650 2600mAh protected cells
- Case
- Free shipping in the US

Now hearing serious offers! No offer is too low - I just don't have to accept it  ;).
(Or buy-it-now for only $1,495.00)

Details on the laser:

When I received this, the tester at the manufacturer even made a note, "450" on the slip. In my tests, at full power it metered in at 450.2mW over a 60 second average, and 464.5mW over a 30 second average, with a 500.9mW peak - this us truly one hell of a beast!

Also, this unit handles duty cycle particularly well for an RPL. The manufacturer suggests just a 50 second runtime, and some of the units I'm seeing back that up, but this one has been on my meter for 4.5 minutes - still going strong in the 420-460mW range.

As for the divergence, its just about average for an RPL (which is very good anyway), or perhaps a little above average. At 113.5ft its measuring somewhere in the 25-32mm range, which puts its divergence between 0.70 and 0.95mRads (BTW, 30 ft of retracting measuring tape whipping to the side and catching your finger bleeds A LOT!)

And yes, before anyone asks, I did test this with an IR filter when I first saw class IV peaks. That 450mW is good 532nm light from a well-filtered unit.

Here's an excerpt from the certificate that will accompany the laser:
thebeast.jpg

This may well be a once in a lifetime opportunity, so don't miss out!

Re: For Sale: New RPL 450 w/ extras!

I'll give you 1 dallah!!
no? then 2 dallahs!!
still not budgin? 20 dallahs!!!
ok then, 25 dallahs!!!! take it or leave it!!!
;D :D ;D :D

twenty-six dollars and fifteen cents!!

Post has now been edited to say "Now hearing SERIOUS offers"  ;)

(and don't give me any of that "well, I was serious" stuff, hehe)

Perhaps you should give a price range or you get lots of serious offers. ::)
Heh. I don't even know where to start.

xarylx said:
Perhaps you should give a price range or you get lots of serious offers.  ::)
Heh. I don't even know where to start.

Okay, thanks for the suggestion. I'll post a "buy-it-now" price in the original post.

Y

yew.sir-name

$40 (paypal)
sentorch more or less 215mw
30mw new wish greens x2
10mw new wish
50mw new wish
20mw waterproof dx (new, unused, still in transit)
30 assorted balloons
vcr
my wifes cat (less than two years old, not many miles and recently serviced)
fbi jacket
lite f/x 5mw laser show
and a partidge in a pear tree (just add water)

T

timelord

yew.sir-name said:
$40 (paypal)
sentorch more or less 215mw
30mw new wish greens x2
10mw new wish
50mw new wish
20mw waterproof dx (new, unused, still in transit)
30 assorted balloons
vcr
my wifes cat (less than two years old, not many miles and recently serviced)
fbi jacket
lite f/x 5mw laser show
and a partidge in a pear tree (just add water)
LMFAO!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't think it will a once in a lifetime offer, and just to set everyone straight and be honest; it is not an RPL.
Even if Pseudo did happen to get it by some under the table means from the same company.
It will not be under any warranty from Optotronics, will not have the Optotronics 12 month standard warranty or out of warranty repair advantages.
I do have a couple of these 450mW lasers and even one that is above 500mW, but I won't be selling them on our website for some time as the "freak" lasers tend to have a much shorter life and until they are the norm and can pass the Optotronics burn-in process repeatedly they won't go to a customer. I lost one of mine this past weekend on it's 1st pass through the burn-in and had less than 9 hours of burn-in time before failure.

There is much more to an RPL than a label, even if a few are being bought from the same manufacturer through the "gray market", it is the level of quality do to our test process and burn-in procedures and the after purchase customer care that is built into the ownership of our products.

I do expect to be able to get the quality level up to the point of being able to offer an RPL-400 or 425 by early in the new year with any luck.

Now this wouldn't be that RPL-300 I sold you last year would it?
Just kidding, I know you wouldn't do that; but people change, I could see offering someone a 450mW laser and mentioning that it looks just like an RPL or that it came from the same manufacturer, but to say it is my product with my product name, when I have never sold or offered an RPL-425???

Well, I admit that this is not an "RPL" in that it is serviceable by Optotronics. In all other respects, it is what we think of when we hear "RPL". Physically, it is the same thing (less an optotronics sticker or two perhaps). Since optotronics is not really a company, nor is there a trademark or such on RPL, I'm just using it to describe what we all know it as.

If you would prefer, I will refer to it as an RPL v2.0 to differentiate the seller - although it would still be the same as an RPL v1.0. And again, I'd like to clarify that any RPL v2.0's I sell at not eligible for warranty through optotronics. I will personally handle any warranty issues on this unit.

I must say I find it odd that your high power units failed. The opposite is the logical case if they're from a regular production run. "freak" units like this are not the work of an overpowered diode, but particularly high quality crystals. As such, freak lasers are actually more efficient and higher quality. This was a recently manufacturered unit, so perhaps the one that failed on you was an older one?

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a war of personal attacks like WL/LPF and the like, but you've forced my hand on two issues:

1. Please do not imply that I obtained this laser under the table, or that it is gray market. This laser was legally obtained from the original manufacturer. Your units come from an intermediate, so if any one is offering the gray market units, it sure isn't me.

2. You are right that people change. This is not my first opportunity to offer an RPL, but optotronics was a good company and I tried my best to keep my loyalties. However, things have changed with optotronics. For your own sake, I'll spare the details, but I've been pretty appalled with some of the information that's been passed around by lately to the point I feel my loyalty to the laser hobby takes precedence.

I don't want to attack or insult you one bit, but I will do what it takes to defend myself if I get even the slightest hint of false defamation in my direction. So with your cooperation, I'd like to leave it at that and continue this sale peacefully. In the meantime I will subject this unit to more rigorous testing to make sure the RPL name is not tarnished by faulty products, thanks for the heads-up and you can rest assured I'll take it seriously!

bootleg2go said:
I don't think it will a once in a lifetime offer, and just to set everyone straight and be honest; it is not an RPL.
Even if Pseudo did happen to get it by some under the table means from the same company.
It will not be under any warranty from Optotronics, will not have the Optotronics 12 month standard warranty or out of warranty repair advantages.
I do have a couple of these 450mW lasers and even one that is above 500mW, but I won't be selling them on our website for some time as the "freak" lasers tend to have a much shorter life and until they are the norm and can pass the Optotronics burn-in process repeatedly they won't go to a customer. I lost one of mine this past weekend on it's 1st pass through the burn-in and had less than 9 hours of burn-in time before failure.

There is much more to an RPL than a label, even if a few are being bought from the same manufacturer through the "gray market", it is the level of quality do to our test process and burn-in procedures and the after purchase customer care that is built into the ownership of our products.

I do expect to be able to get the quality level up to the point of being able to offer an RPL-400 or 425 by early in the new year with any luck.

Now this wouldn't be that RPL-300 I sold you last year would it?
Just kidding, I know you wouldn't do that; but people change, I could see offering someone a 450mW laser and mentioning that it looks just like an RPL or that it came from the same manufacturer, but to say it is my product with my product name, when I have never sold or offered an RPL-425???

S

SenKat

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1192146887]This Thread[/link]

pseudonomen137 said:
Well, I admit that this is not an "RPL" in that it is serviceable by Optotronics. In all other respects, it is what we think of when we hear "RPL". Physically, it is the same thing (less an optotronics sticker or two perhaps). Since optotronics is not really a company, nor is there a trademark or such on RPL, I'm just using it to describe what we all know it as.

If you would prefer, I will refer to it as an RPL v2.0 to differentiate the seller - although it would still be the same as an RPL v1.0. And again, I'd like to clarify that any RPL v2.0's I sell at not eligible for warranty through optotronics. I will personally handle any warranty issues on this unit.

I must say I find it odd that your high power units failed. The opposite is the logical case if they're from a regular production run. "freak" units like this are not the work of an overpowered diode, but particularly high quality crystals. As such, freak lasers are actually more efficient and higher quality. This was a recently manufacturered unit, so perhaps the one that failed on you was an older one?

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a war of personal attacks like WL/LPF and the like, but you've forced my hand on two issues:

1. Please do not imply that I obtained this laser under the table, or that it is gray market. This laser was legally obtained from the original manufacturer. Your units come from an intermediate, so if any one is offering the gray market units, it sure isn't me.

2. You are right that people change. This is not my first opportunity to offer an RPL, but optotronics was a good company and I tried my best to keep my loyalties. However, things have changed with optotronics. For your own sake, I'll spare the details, but I've been pretty appalled with some of the information that's been passed around by lately to the point I feel my loyalty to the laser hobby takes precedence.

I don't want to attack or insult you one bit, but I will do what it takes to defend myself if I get even the slightest hint of false defamation in my direction. So with your cooperation, I'd like to leave it at that and continue this sale peacefully. In the meantime I will subject this unit to more rigorous testing to make sure the RPL name is not tarnished by faulty products, thanks for the heads-up and you can rest assured I'll take it seriously!
Hi Carter,
Actually Optotronics is a real company, Optotronics LLC to be exact. We were incorporated in the state of Delaware in June of 2006. I believe the instructions to the RPL-300 you bought has our corporate seal embossed on it. We pay real income taxes and customs duties, have a federal EIN number for tax and import purposes.

I do not want to fight and I appologize for saying or insinuating your product is gray market when I do not yet know for a fact. If your meter is showing 450mW, I also believe you even if you wouldn't have posted photos.

On the other hand, Optotronics is the same company it always was and is, nothing has changed and our product is of the same quality or better than it has always been and our service is near the top as well. I will admit that currently it may take 24hrs to return some messages as I sometimes get over 100 in a day now and there is only some much time, so I don't understand why you no longer seem to like us, nothing has changed on our end. In fact about a month ago, I nearly quit all these forums altogether when one of the manugfacturers were bad mouthing you, I also made several long posts in your defense as well as proviude you with insider knowledge of the RPL and spec for some of it's components many months ago and before the recent thread about run time. I really don't understand.
As for freak lasers, Over the last two years and all the lasers I test, I have found something out, and I found it out the hard way. Everyone always wants the most powerful laser there is. They would email me offering to pay extra for "something even more powerful than what I offered online if any came in. I sold a few like this with extra high power, within a couple months or even sooner, these would "crap out", This was in 2005 and early 2006 before the RPL even came out, but I learned the lesson that unless the lasers that were out of the norm (when I say this I mean like maybe 1 unit like this out of 50 or more in an order), if I just sold them, they had a high possibility of early failure. When a failure in the field occurs it is costly not only to your reputation but to your pocket book. So now when I get one like I posted the video of, I tell everyone it was a special high performer and not the everyday RPL. As you can see, I'm not offering even an RPL-375 yet, although it will be the next power level when I am confident of their performance over time and a high percent of production can be made at this output level.

I do have a high level of respect for you Carter and your loyalty to the hobby, in fact I think I may have said something along these lines in my posts defending you against whatever company it was., and I too try to promote the hobby, nothing makes me more angry than someone selling bad lasers and trying to rip people off and I know you feel the same way.

I am sorry, this was not a good day for me. I just found out this afternoon that a close friend who I've know since junior high (30 years) has cancer and the outlook is not good as he doesn't have health insurance. I tried to get my mind off this by answering some emails and checking out the forum, and saw this post.
I apologize to both you and to the entire forum for trying in any way to make you look dishonest or "below the table. I am not myself and feel this deep loss and anger and I'm sorry for taking it out on you.. I hope you can accept my apology and hope the fellow forum members accept my apology as well.

If Carter says he will warranty the laser or lasers he sells, I'm sure he will and I know he won't be ripping people off.

I have to say to everyone, that Carter/Pseudo has helpped me out very much in the past and until last month he still did.

Carter, I know you said "I would like to leave it at that", but I don't, I hope we can fix this. I have great opportunities coming down the pike and could use your help in the future as I do trust you and your opinion more than anyone else's on all the forums.

I gotta go for now, like I said it's ben a bad day.
Please call me tomorrow afternoon or this weekend or let me call you.
I consider you one of my longest online friends and I'd rather make things better and keep a friend than to lose them.

Jack