Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: New Pen Host Kits! Switch board with Spring Option - Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FS: New Pen Host Kits! All Parts Included - Ni

@jayrob

38$ is more than i will give for a host+heatsink, even though i know that it is what they cost.
I will max give around 25 bucks for the host+heatsink, but maybe that isn't possible.
If i run a LPC diode so it will put out 250mW, will it get hot in those builds you mentioned in the link?

jayrob

The heatsinks have plenty of mass for the 'Hottest' diodes that we are currently using! :)

Just PM me if you change your mind since this thread is about these new pen hosts! :cool:
Jay

P.S. I just ordered 12 black with silver clip, and 1 black with gold clip. (no extra hole above the side button)

I will have them by Monday. So these first ones will got to the first ones who PayPal me. Contact me via PM.

I asked about the all chrome ones too, and they are also available. More to come...

Would I need to do anything other than shorten the module if I wanted to stick an O-Like module in one of these (like anything with the button, etc.)

Those are some beast pen kits jay :cool: I am defiantly going to buy some, can't beat the price either :eek:

jayrob

Sure thing! Just let me know...

culexor said:
Would I need to do anything other than shorten the module if I wanted to stick an O-Like module in one of these (like anything with the button, etc.)

You would have to fit the plastic piece shown in the 1st picture (switch/driver mount) so that it actuates the button switch on the o-like module. It would be an easy modification. It almost just snaps into place. There would just be some light trimming here and there with an X-acto blade...
Jay

Are there any left? I am interested.

Could you use a rkcstr instead of a flexdrive (using 10440 batteries)? If it is like a regular leadlight it should be fine.

jayrob

Yes, I'm sure there would be room...

I plan on keeping a few on hand for fast shipping, but new stock will only be a couple of days away. I will have these first 12 by Monday and ready to ship.

At this moment, yes, these are available. They are black with chrome clip.
Jay

Kenom

I don't think those are anodized.  Looks to me like the body is brass and if that's the case then it's not anodized although they do look very zexy.  I've got a ton of these switches here.

EVQ-PE504K.jpg

Wow! that's a big picture.

jayrob

Oh... I didn't realize that Ken.

The finish is so nice, that I assumed it was anodized. But it is a brass host. I just changed the caption in my first picture to say 'Satin black finish'
Jay

Kenom

Yeah, I figured it wasn't that big of a deal as it's such a nice lookin pen.

So every part needed is included? Like the little board, and spring? Basically All I would need is a diode and a aixiZ module and I'm good to start building it? (and of course batteries)

I will assume so, in which case I am ordering two now. One black with silver clip, and the other will be the chrome one when you get some in :)

jayrob

Sorry if it was not clear, but the board is not included. I will include a tiny momentary switch, but you would have to get some material and cut a small board and do the modifications to complete the circuit...

I got your PayPal, Let me know if you want me to refund you.
Jay

jayrob

Ok...

I've got these on hand now and have updated the 1st post with measurements in the picture. :)

Pen host5.jpg

I removed the idea of putting an O-like module in these, because the ones without the extra hole above the side button are a little shorter than the ones with the extra hole. And I think these are best for the blu-ray and red builds...
Jay

Oh, crap. Are the ones with the extra hole still available? If not, oh well. I was seriously considering one of these with an O-Like module in it.

jayrob

I have one with the extra hole on hand. And can get more if you want more than one. But I don't think I will be stocking them...

That is, unless people want those instead. But I'm just guessing that most will want the ones without the extra hole.

Just let me know if you want this one! (or more)
Jay

PM'ed. My friend may be interested in one too, but probably not until I finish building mine. (Depends on if he likes it better than his DL Viper 75mW)

Status
Not open for further replies.