Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: New mini host-14500x2

I don't think he is a scammer either guys, just got in a knot with me when I thought he had built the first two awesome hosts I received from him because he did not disclose he was only a middle man for those, not the machinist, then commissioning another set of hosts from him based on that misconception, which he was happy to keep going, I assume, to keep people from finding out who was really making them due to the profits he could make. I don't blame him for that, but still wasn't happy to learn it, my level of trust for fronting the money was based on his machinist skill set, I thought.

Only things which bothered me about the deal was having paid 800 dollars forward for materials which were not purchased, and then when after three months and nothing was made, and only a 20 amp switch was ordered on his end towards the project, I decided to cancel, but the money was fully spent already. He didn't save the money for the project because his markup was so high, the second payment would have covered having them built. This is simply a mistake a young man would make who just started getting some money for the first time in his life, probably. If he gets through this and continues building custom hosts for people, I am sure he will never make that mistake again and only spend the money earned as profit AFTER completion, not before. Either that or have enough in savings it is moot.

Last edited:

I don't think he is a scammer either guys, just got in a knot with me when I thought he was building the hosts I first ordered himself, then commissioning another set of hosts from him based on that. Only things which bothered me about the deal was having paid 800 dollars forward for materials which were not purchased, and then when after three months and nothing was made, and only a 20 amp switch was ordered on his end towards the project, I decided to cancel, but the money was fully spent already. He didn't save the money for the project because his markup was so high, the second payment would have covered having them built.

Unlike you say-I have bought a lot of stuff - all aluminum, switches and circuits

My understanding is they are just hosts. What circuits do you need for an empty host? I have bought aluminum for machining and it is very inexpensive. So are switches. You can buy a whole lot of aluminum, switches and contact boards for $800.00!

My understanding is they are just hosts. What circuits do you need for an empty host? I have bought aluminum for machining and it is very inexpensive. So are switches. You can buy a whole lot of aluminum, switches and contact boards for $800.00!

I told chirs, and the story is quite long and I think I do not need to tell you clearly-the cost of the material is 400 usd and I have used 400 usd for my previous mistakes.
Dự án đã kết thúc - tôi không muốn nhưng đó là quyết định của những tiếng ríu rít - nếu anh ta không dừng lại thì nó sẽ được thực hiện vào tuần tới, bởi vì tôi đã trao đổi rất nhiều với nhà máy - và bây giờ mọi thứ đang rối tung lên.

Last edited:
I talked to the machinist a few hours ago, I found he had almost completed one ArcticDude design host for me, this is new information, that and I was sent a photo of some small pieces made for the first host, so he did do some work on it. I'd let this pass as simply a delay for various reasons, shouldn't have been though but I don't have all of the background to know what caused this to drag out so long either.

I wouldn't, Chris. There is no excuse for this taking as long as it has. And showing you a couple of photos of a piece of one host and saying that one has been completed is not enough at this point to allow this to continue. Basically running the clock out on you.

Well, the machinist is telling me he will get the hosts done this week now.

I talked to the machinist a few hours ago, I found he had almost completed one ArcticDude design host for me, this is new information, that and I was sent a photo of some small pieces made for the first host, so he did do some work on it. I'd let this pass as simply a delay for various reasons, shouldn't have been though but I don't have all of the background to know what caused this to drag out so long either.

There was a mistake - he did not know about the servers of the aritic dude - it was my project since November 2017 - and his delay made me find another person - I would not say here-but that project only me, you, and some of the people here know-And the bigger the mistake if you paid for him - why do not you ask me?

Last edited:
OK, let me make sure I understand, he confused me with someone else's project when I talked to him a few hours ago, so that means nothing had been done yet, and you took over doing the pieces yourself?

yes-i did it myself-but you ended the project-i said all that i recently did but you did not believe me,You can ask him directly now-I have worked with another person, and I have worked many chambers before you decided to stop them.

Last edited:
That should be easy enough to prove. If you have machined many pieces you can show them to Chris. All of them.

When I asked on FB regarding changing directions, about the materials purchased, you said this:

o you just give me your design- fortunately i have not bought supplies for the first part

Maybe I am not communicating well with you due to having different languages, I understood that to mean we could build a different set of 10 hosts than originally planned, switching to another design due to the delay and not having bought supplies yet. I wish I had known you switched machinists, my order was based on the quality of work I saw in the hosts he built, now I don't know what I would get.

When I asked on FB regarding changing directions, about the materials purchased, you said this:

Maybe I am not communicating well with you due to having different languages, I understood that to mean we could build a different set of 10 hosts than originally planned, switching to another design due to the delay and not having bought supplies yet. I wish I had known you switched machinists, my order was based on the quality of work I saw in the hosts he built, now I don't know what I would get.

spent a lot of time designing the server's interior, I wanted it to be convenient for using a lot of modular servers-but I did not say that to you-did not you understand my words?And I tested on the project I made for Lildutchboy7, all perfect and I said I'll stretch the output for you?I would like to have the opportunity to repair if you agree to continue the project-what we talk about 3 server designs-I'm still available

Last edited:
What will it take to close this out completely? You don't have the money to refund me now, or even a portion of it you can send now?

Show me what you have invested now via PM and send those parts to me and we can call this good, as long as I am paid back for work and materials which are not done and you are paid for money and time already spent.

Last edited:
What will it take to close this out completely? You don't have the money to refund me now, or even a portion of it you can send now?

Show me what you have invested now via PM and send those parts to me and we can call this good, as long as I am paid back for work and materials which are not done and you are paid for money and time already spent.
I will send you the pictures -I'll have to go to the workshop to take pictures of them-lots of ingredients, today is the sunday and I will send the pictures on mondays-through face book

Nice host in hour avatar, looks a lot like what I bought from you early on, that guy does great work.