Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Mini Mag Kit with FlexDrive! Red or Blu-ray...

You won't be able to solder to aluminum...

In my tutorial of how I did this build, I am using the bare metal aluminum sleeve to press against the wire that feeds the Flexdrive negative input. The sleeve is touching a bare metal point in the Mini Mag host. (at the tip of the barrel, on the inside - see first picture)

sorry I'm so bad at this, but that means that the negative lead comes from the metal sleeve?

lazer

sorry I'm so bad at this, but that means that the negative lead comes from the metal sleeve?

Yeah the negative comes from the sleeve which is in contact with the case. The whole case of the flashlight is case negative.

lazer

Just put a bit of glue on the plastic piece and glue the ground wire to edge of it. That way when you slip the spacer in it will pack good contact with the ground wire.

Last edited:
You dont have to tape it as long as you press the spacer onto the ground contact wire hard enough inside the mini mag head.

oh, cool ... so i don't have to do anything hard, just to make sure the wire (ill probably tin it) makes good contact with the spacer.

p.s. thanks for helping a laser noob like me, i really appreciate you helping me even though I do not know this stuff very well.

lazer

oh, cool ... so i don't have to do anything hard, just to make sure the wire (ill probably tin it) makes good contact with the spacer.

p.s. thanks for helping a laser noob like me, i really appreciate you helping me even though I do not know this stuff very well.

Yeah just make sure that the contact is good and make sure everything is insulated so there are no short circuits. Look at the pictures on the first page of this thread. They will help ALOT during the build. There is a picture showing where to put the glue on the ground wire.

no one ever answered my question, how do you clip the little black plastic piece off to fit the flexdrive

Reactions: ARG

jayrob

samkinn, I sent your Mini Mag heatsink/spacer/o-ring today. (Wednesday)

Hope your build goes well!

Pretty neat kit. ordered one & now waiting for it to arrive. :) Going to use the kit to build my blu-ray mini mag laser once I have all the required components.

jayrob

I sent your heatsink/sleeve/o-ring today. (Monday)

Thanks!

do you sell the driver already set for the battery you suggest and wire soldered to it. yes i am very new to lasers this is my first post, i just really want to do this mod. i have a mini mag. i ordered a 650nm 200mw diode and aixiz module. but i would like to have a driver on it. but i am not good with electronics. so i would love to make it as simple as possile. so i may be ordering the heatsink and spacer kit.

jayrob

Welcome to LPF!

I wouldn't recommend this build for a first build...

It is very limited on space, and that makes it harder than many other build kits that I have available.

If you want something small, my Pocket Mini is the most popular. Even though it is smaller than a Mini Mag, it is an easier build. See here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-pocket-mini-build-kit-easy-assembly-22537.html

For the Pocket Mini 'Hot' option, here's a post that shows what is needed on your part. There are links to the best places to get diodes, and also video tutorials for harvesting your own diodes:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-pocket-mini-build-kit-easy-assembly-22537-5.html#post479406

For a list of all of my kits, see the link in my signature... :)

well i was more wondering if you would just sell the driver with wires soldered on. cause i am gonna try to adapt your kit to the led mini mag. which is longer.