Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Key Chain CR2 Build Kit! - SCHWEET!

Re: FS: Key Chain CR2 Kit! - SCHWEET!

1) So how many mW is this and this is BluRay right?
2) Where in NorCal are you?
3) Do you have any contact info (AIM, MSN?)

It is COMPLETE!!!!!

1) it is 428mW and yes, it is Blu-Ray
2) Asheville, NC
3) Darkarmyofone (aim) darklasers@hotmail.com (E-mail)
4) the best way to reach me is to PM me right here on LPF

ANYWAYS!!!

IT HAS BEEN DONE!!!

I am the current owner of the worlds SMALLEST, and most POWERFUL blu-ray burning laser in the WORLD!!!

This Keychain 8x build is running at a healthy 305mA with a flexV4, and outputs 428mW's with a 405-G1 lens!!!!

It is simply BREATH-TAKING!! PHOTOS ARE COMING VERY VERY SOON!

I have NEVER been so flabbergasted, and jaw-dropped over a single build.. but the SHEAR POWER the comes out of this TINY LITTLE ITTY BITTY KEYCHAIN is just PHENOMINAL!

The beam is like no other! man im impressed! And i build about 3-4 8x builds a week.

Thank you for making this possible Jayrob! I owe it all to you man

BTW: this laser is for sale for $500 shipped ;)

Tyler - Dark Lasers

jayrob

I'm at Gualala on my yearly ab diving/scuba diving trip...

Glad you got your key chain 8X done! It's a sweet little host isn't it?! :D
Jay

P.S. I have 20 more hosts at my house at this moment. And I just got back! (got back early)

So if you want one of these kits, order away!

Last edited:

jayrob

1) So how many mW is this and this is BluRay right?
2) Where in NorCal are you?
3) Do you have any contact info (AIM, MSN?)

If these questions were meant toward me, this Key Chain CR2 build kit is for red or blu-ray builds. I dont' use any other contact method except for e-mail, or PM's through LPF.

I am in the Bay Area, East Contra Costa...

And, I just got back into town to find my 20 hosts waiting for me. So I have these on hand now...
Jay

jayrob

Update!

I just re-designed this little build to include a set screw for the module to make it better...

Please see the updated pictures in the first post...

KCR27.jpg

Much better now! :)
Jay

jayrob

iknitsteel, I sent your Key Chain CR2 kit today. (Friday)

It has the updated heatsink design with set screw...

I think you will be blown away at the size of this sweet little build! :)

Please let me know!
Jay

AMAZING Jay!

Kant wait to get my V2 heatsink with set screw!!

And those questions from that kid above were meant for me, i answered him 4-5 posts above.

Well, my first 8x diode died in my CR2 keychain i had just built. due to these CRAPPY new BDR S03 diodes.

BDR-203 true pioneer is the way to go. im sticking one of those in TODAY... then this baby will burn as it should... i may even breach class 4!! This particular diode has survived 2 mins on @ 360mA!!! scares me... but i am willing to risk it. I want a class 4 keychain... so bad.. lol

Thank you for making all this possible Jay,

OH, and i JUST bought a SONY DSC-T90 HD camera. SOOO awsome.. 15mm's thick. 3inch touch screen!, shoots video in 720P!!! ugh!!! gunna make for some AWSOME beamshots Jay. this thing takes the BEST macro shots i've EVER seen! 4x optical zoom, and a device inside that steadies the optics, so no shake!! even while moving! cost me $340 though. but thats damn cheap for a 12.1mp camera that shoots in HD and is almost as thin as an aixiz module.

Now the reviews i am doing will be of the HIGHEST quality. I'm waiting on the CR2 review until i get that 203 diode in... i dont want to review it with a crap S03 diode ya know?

Me and daguin have been speaking about these "kendell mystery" sleds this morning, and im sure we will come up with some fine results.

So for now, ALL my builds will use 203's, not s03's. I believe the S03 IS a 6x diode... i really do.. but then again... a GGW has never survived currents around 300 "for me anyways"

Any thought anyone... Dave.. Jay.. Kendall ?

Tyler - Dark Lasers

jayrob

Sounds like a really nice camera!

I am very much looking forward to your reviews! :)

About the so3, I have not personally tried one yet, but we do need more testers...

We have seen that the BDR-203 on the other hand, has proven so far, to be a very consistent diode from the 8X compilation graph that FrancoRob has been updating.

So, I would just say that it would be nice for those who are trying the new sled from Kendall, to give their information to FrancoRob, because I believe he is also making a similar compilation graph for this new diode here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/8x-br-diodes-42806.html
(Both graphs there now)

What is it? We just don't know yet. I hope Igor gets a couple...
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

AMAZING Jay!

Kant wait to get my V2 heatsink with set screw!!

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Well you should have the new heatsink either today, or Monday at the latest...

And I sent your other Key Chain CR2 kit (and other items) today. (Sat)

:thanks:
Jay

Thanks Jay, No heatsink today, but thats alright!

ttyl

Tyler

Ok so got my kit today and I love it its the perfect size Got it all put together and it worked for all of 5 min this is nothing to do with the kit but this is doing the same thing that Mohrenberg's kit did now the diode looks like a LED and just reciently when I turn it on it starts out looking like a LED and then it starts to "shimmer" and flicker and get brighter but when it gets the brightest it will get it still "shimmers" and barely has any power looks like less than a PHR and this is all with a new Energiser CR2 battery. Am I doing something wrong with my lasers I am always grounded when I work on them. Now both of my GGW diodes look like they are dead Im getting kinda annoyed because it looks like Im wasting money on lasers that wont work when I put them together. I got the GGw and flex from Mohrenberg and he said they were good.
Any sugestions?

Justin

jayrob

If your getting 'flickering', it may be a connection issue...

I am assuming that you are using very fine wire, because if you aren't, then I doubt you could have completed this 'tight' build. I have found that it is easy to get loose solder connections with the wires to the FlexDrive, unless you are very good with your soldering.

Double check your solder points with a jewelers loupe when you do a FlexDrive build, and then be very careful with the bending and movement of the wiring as you place your driver in it's position.

This build is very tight, and I used some thin Scotch tape to warp around the driver so that it's contact points would not short against the heatsink.

And also, for a blu-ray/FlexDrive build, following the method that I used here, you would be soldering the diode case pin together with the negative pin...
Jay

Last edited:

Thanks for the quick response I will go over the solder points Mohrenberg soldered all the wires on the flex drive and diode I just put it in the heat sink and hooked up the positive, and the case pin and negative are connected I made sure of that. And I also put tape around the flex drive to prevent a short. Well Im at work now so I will go over the solder points tonight and see if that fixes it.

Thanks Jay,
Justin

Ok so about halfway through the day my laser started working right But I still may take it apart and go over the solder joints just to make sure they are making good contact. And Im not the one to wear things on my belt and I actually put this on my belt and wore it all day I like it that much, I might even buy another!!! If only green modules were small enough to fit in to these :D But we can only dream.

Jay I think you have a returning customer here.

Justin

jayrob

Great news!

Well, you can have a red build to match your new Key Chain CR2 blu-ray!

But getting a green in there would cost a ton. There are small enough modules to get in there (up to 100mW's), but they are too expensive at the moment:
Creative Technology Lasers- Snake Creek Lasers Overview Page

Anyway, I'm glad you like the kit! :)
Jay

Wow those are expensive but how cool would that be a micro green laser :drool: