Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Key Chain Build Kit! - Fit for 10280 Battery...

jayrob

nickb, I sent your custom Key Chain flashlight mods today. (Friday)

Hope you like them!

jayrob

Out of what? These key chain 10280 kits?

No, these are available. But there are a few kits I offer, which I do not include a 'Hot' option with. And this kit is one of them...

The smaller the build, the more difficult the assembly, and I would saw that this kit is probably the most 'difficult assembly' kit that I have...

If you get this one, remember that the stock board has a tiny circuit that needs to be disabled on this one. There is a good tutorial with detailed pictures and build tips here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/268mw-6x-key-chain-blu-ray-flexdrive-awesome-20124.html

Last edited:

jayrob

Always use a driver if you have room...

In this kit,there is room to barely fit a FlexDrive.

I did a direct drive set up with my 'Tiny Titanium' build.

In that thread, there is information on what results I got with a 'direct to battery' set up for red. And then the result of using a resistor, with silicon diode and cap. Which is all I had room for...
http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/c...titanium-key-chain-red-blu-ray-too-48640.html

jayrob

I offered a host, but it's very difficult to machine the titanium material. So there is a little extra cost for bit wear...
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-tiny-titanium-key-chain-kit-red-48899.html

But I don't sell complete lasers or even laser diodes. So you would have to install your own module and diode, then the other components go in after.

It's a very tight little build as you can see from my pictures in the thread...

jayrob

Ah I understand. In the pictures I cant tell is the silicone diode 2nd in the series or is it first?

It's connected just like this: (except without the LM317, the resistor, and the pot)

DDL%20Driver%20Diagram.jpg

jayrob

Basically, all positive legs are together, and all negative legs are together...

never mind it was a red diode that i over payed for when i first stating looking into lasers

Just finished the build it was a little tricky! I used an osram diode and a flexdrive set at 325mA. Puts out around 250mW with the G1 lens!

img0612rl.jpg

img0613t.jpg

Last edited:

jayrob

Just finished the build it was a little tricky! I used an osram diode and a flexdrive set at 325mA. Puts out around 250mW with the G1 lens!

img0612rl.jpg

img0613t.jpg

Nice diode choice for that little build...

Beautiful! :cool:

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can get the flexdrive or a suitable driver for this build? I want to use the PHR-803T.

Thanks jayrob,

Which diode would you reccomend for a first build? I want to use the PHR but I found this diode cheap and don't know if it is a good buy or whether the flexdrive will be alright to safely power it - thoughts?
Ebay 250mW Diode

And finally, how should I contact you to purchase this kit for the build? (and any additional heat sinking I may need with that 250mW Diode)

Thanks for everything,
A budding laser enthusiast