Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: ishow USB ilda controller $154 free shipping!

I'm impressed by the quality of the FB3 text, but I'm also amazed by the fact that my soundcard DAC produces text that is every bit that clean. In fact, based on watching many videos of FB3s in operation, the only difference I can see between the FB3 output and that of a soundcard DAC is the smoothness of the graphics. The soundcard DAC can be a tiny bit choppy sometimes when using Spaghetti software.. with LFI player or HE laserscan it is easily as smooth as an FB3. It's amazing that a homemade DAC can function so well.. now if only I had all the awesome shows and frames plus the wider scan angle that comes with an FB3.

its not just about quality and smoothness, if you have livepro the things you can do are endless.

Sure.. the software is really the only reason I would buy one.. well, that and the fact that it is pangolin. The only drawback to the FB3 for me is that as you already know, I'm a die hard DIYer.. You can't build yourself an FB3.. The soundcard DAC never stops amazing me with it's capabilities, and the price can't be beat.. Excellent work by James Lehmann and Drlava..

Of course it is limited, as any DIY option is, but the fact that it can hang with an FB3 in terms of output quality is impressive to say the least.

i dont normally do this to threads but i cant leave people to buy these.

do not buy this DAC, i repeat do not buy this DAC.

its the shittest DAC ever made

check PL forum as there have been lots of posts about it there

Sorry, I am new to lasers but what is DAC? I am looking to get a USB/ILDA controller but dont have a big budget...based on the comments - I am assuming iSHOW is no good? I have Pangolin Live pro software installed but not box.

Any help and suggestions of where I should buy is appreciated!! :)

If you already have Live pro, you'll want to buy an FB3 to go with it.

A DAC is an interface that facilitates communication between a computer and a laser projector.