Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

FS: Huge 1" Crackle Glass Uranium Marbles!

daguin

yes i did, pictures of vase? and one picture in the thread itself.
i saw "First you have to find the translucent ones. Treat them to 400 degree's for 2 hours. Then cold water...
Jay"
i assume thats how you crackle a marble. but i want to know what the difference is between one that has and hasn't been crackled. doesn't matter now anyway, i googled it and found out on some craft website.
Sorry. You had to actually enter the word "marble" in the search bar, at the above link.

https://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=marble

Peace,
dave

HVDischarge

ah, that could have been where i went wrong. i went on united nuclear earlier but got quickly distrcted by tesla coil parts and uranium ore... i dont think i made it as far as the marbles lol. by the time i had finnished looking i forgot what i went on there for :thinking: .

daguin

ah, that could have been where i went wrong. i went on united nuclear earlier but got quickly distrcted by tesla coil parts and uranium ore... i dont think i made it as far as the marbles lol. by the time i had finnished looking i forgot what i went on there for :thinking: .
'Tis an easy site to get distracted on :drool:

We boys and our toys, eh?

Peace,
dave

HVDischarge

:D. its just a shame all the toys i like seem to expensive! why can't i find a cheap hobby?

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, but you won't find 1" crackled ones on e-bay. :D

Crackled is just as it sounds. The marble is cracked all throughout. You must be more careful about reflections with a crackled one too...

Hello, I may want a few of these, how can you accept payment?
PayPal accepted... Send me a PM! :)

HVDischarge

I noticed :(. Your ones do look a hell of alot better than the ones on ebay, but im trying to budget everything i do. i can't stop spending money on the internet... It's too easy! lol. $5 ech plus $1.50 shipping... how much is shipping to the UK?
Thanks

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
Same...

Figure an extra 50 cents for each additional marble...

HVDischarge

ok so $12 for 2, all in.
Thanks, i will see how my bank balance looks at the end of the month!

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
DJNY, just to let you know that I am sending your 1" marbles today. (Thursday)

Thanks!

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
Kingdave2357, just to let you know that I sent your 1" marble today. (Monday)

Thanks!

dfhrace

jayrob-

Do you make these or buy them from another source? the reason i ask is because im looking for a larger crackle glass marble (about 5 + inches) do you know where i can find one that large?

Jaseth

How many do you think you could ship without having to send them in a flat rate box?

Seb

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
I would guess about 6 marbles in normal shipping...

dfhrace, yes, I crackled them myself. But I cannot find the translucent ones any longer. (1") And yes, the largest marbles I have seen in uranium, are 1". But I know on e-bay, they have lots of other stuff made of vaseline glass. Just do a search for 'vaseline glass', and you well get a lot of listings...