Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS/FT REKE 500RGB RGB Laser Projector w/DAC

Looks like sputnik77 is a liar and thief... Promised to sell it to me, then dissapeared and sold it to another user, BROKEN.... Seems like he is a POS.

Looks like sputnik77 is a liar and thief... Promised to sell it to me, then dissapeared and sold it to another user, BROKEN.... Seems like he is a POS.

Whoa there- kinda harsh words considering what we know and what we do not.
People make offers sometimes at the same time and there is no 'law' that forces anyone to sell to another unless there was some kind of contract.
I had nothing but good experiences with Sputnik.

About the broken part- again you seem to somehow magically know the it was shipped broken and that the shipper knew this. I have been involved with both first and second hand info on 7 Reke 500 RGBs and ALMOST every one arrived with SOMETHING wrong that very likely happened in TRANSIT`- while better packing may have avoid this its still a delicate item packed in cardboard boxes- NOT in an expensive travel case deigned for less likelyhood of damage and STILL most Pros will tell you that the alignment is often off slightly or more after being shipped.
If I had known that Sputnik needed to sell his REKE at that price I would have bought it. And if it had arrived damaged, while I would not be happy about that, i still would not be assuming that Sputnik knew it would arrive with issues.

And I would not be calling him any names- so both of us perhaps should be glad we did not buy this. :shhh:

I really hope that you someday get the projector that you want and that it arrives perfect- but odds say that will not happen. If you are lucky -- the problem can be fixed- I got one with a mirror rolling around loose inside- it had come un-glued. In another one, two wires had come loose from their plugs and by gently pressing on all the plugs I was able to find the loose ones and simply push them back into place.

There is good reason why when pros buy a new PJ( & they can run 50X higher in price than a REKE500) they buy the travel case with the PJ from the maker of the PJ.
. And when not in actual use they stay in that case. And they STILL can sometimes need a tweeking of the dichros mounts before they can be used for a show..etc. This comes with the territory.

BTW.. none of the companies we got these from (DDirect,Lasersman and Yourlasers) will pay for the shipping if one wants to get warranty work done- so to get a 285$ PJ fixed 'free' you will pay around 100$ in shipping aaaaaaaAND there is a chance of new damage when its shipped back to you after being repaired. Thats why all of us at RekeOwnersGroup fix our own with lots of help from the group.

Quicker and WAY cheaper.

Cherrylee at LM sent me a promo code worth 35$ so I could pick up a better green module and send it to Sputnik-

The problem with this one MAY be in the pattern size pot. I have a reke 300mW 532nm ILDA PJ and sometimes it goes 'flatline' on me- but if I adjust the pattern size I can find spots where it works fine.

'Words are like birds, when they get away from you there are hard to get bacl'
Calling someone a liar, thief and a POS - if you are wrong, are not easy words to take back.:tsk:

V/R hak

Last edited:
This is working, btw. I started a new thread and worked it out. it was a loose wire or connection. After pressing on all of the connections, it began working just fine.

Private Message: Re: Reke 500 RGB
01-22-2013, 07:21 AM
Sputnik77
Class 1M Laser

Re: Reke 500 RGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicklasers
Hi,

I will give you 225 for the projector without the DAC.

What do you think?

Rick (206)200-2202

Ok, I can do that!!!

Give me your email and I will send you an invoice.
532nm handhelds and labbys 30mw to 300mw. DIY and Bought
Various 650-660nm handhelds and labbys. DIY and bought
Various HeNe tubes
Coherent 50w CO2
Laser Engineering 150W SuperPulse CO2 (this is a sealed tube BTW)
Chinese 40W CO2

Quick Reply

01-22-2013, 01:15 PM
slicklasers

Re: Reke 500 RGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik77
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicklasers
Hi,

I will give you 225 for the projector without the DAC.
slicklasers@msn.com

Thanks,

Rick

What do you think?

Rick (206)200-2202

Ok, I can do that!!!

Give me your email and I will send you an invoice.

And BTW, I am Varianced to build projectors, and have over 20 in my inventory, minimum power of 3-50Watts of single color, and 6-40Watt RGB Lasers. This was just going to be a toy to take to Panama with me to shoot at a few outdoor gatherings. I was going to replace the Blue with a 2watt and the red with a pair of 500mW's and I have a 500mW green that would fit perfect, I guess I will just put together a new one with cambridge 6215's for the trip... sigh, I just didn't want to have to do another build before I left.... Sux to have enough parts just sitting on my shelf to build a dozen more projectors all with cambridge galvos.... lolz

I can see now why you are unhappy- If there is enough time before your trip maybe you can get a new on from Cherrylee- she is great about providing the forum members with the best promo codes to use. All of mine arrived in around 12 days.
I dont know why Sputnik did not take your offer but ATM that is not anything that can be reversed.

I know you can be a big asset to this forum with your know-how , especially for those of us just strting out in DIY PJs- I have a few dozen questions I would love to get solutions from you-- so please do not let this neg. experience effect how you think about LPF. Maybe if you put up a WTB thread at LPF one of the members will let his REKE go.

There must be a dozen members with one. After I did a demo of mine at two LEMs quite a few pros wanted one for uses like yours- and for use in making new shows, frames and more- less hours on those $10K Kvants- good for the youngsters to learn on and much more.

I am especailly interested in upgrading the modules in one of these- AixiZ now sells mini lab modules that have a very small footprint - I have thier 638 and iits a stable 40 mW over spec.-- cheap too

Please do be too hard on Sputnik -- he is really a good guy and his health issues may have been a factor in this snafu..

hak

Last edited:
It is what it is, I was upset because I have another project I was trying to finish before I left and not getting this projector just added to the list to get done b4 vacation. I'm sure that Sputnik77 isn't a pos, and im sure there's a reason for what he did. I'm sorry for calling Sputnik77 a Liar thief, or POS. I'm over it. On to building.