Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS Brand new OptLasers RGB 400mW

Very interesting! :) I had a quick look, but they are only offering collection in france. They write "pickup" and DPD, which is a delivery service. So it's possible you can ask DPD to collect from them? Anyway I did splash out a little on the others so Il, try those first. ;)

I'm a bit confused, are you located in French Alsace or some where else?! :D

Yup sure am. :) If you are in France they offer "pickup", otherwise you need to contact their distributors for international shipping.

Congrats, grainde. I hope it works out for you as well as I know you are hoping for. :D

The Vosges are about 1.5 hours away, great for skiing when theres snow. ;) Landing? What were you doing there? :)

Edit: Thanks Paul! Ill have a go at Terro's fantastically designed RGB. ;) Once built Ill post pics...:beer:

Last edited:
The Vosges are about 1.5 hours away, great for skiing when theres snow. ;) Landing? What were you doing there? :)

Edit: Thanks Paul! Ill have a go at Terro's fantastically designed RGB. ;) Once built Ill post pics...:beer:

Links on yellow ^---^ ;)

Encap

Great project grainde---not low cost to do but the excellent results are well worth the effort and expense going by the ArcticDude's trailblazing design, build, tweaks, and great photos he has done with finished assembly in operation.

Good luck with it. :beer:

PS post some pictures of the build in progress also--will be interesting to see

Last edited:

We will need to make few minor changes to design, since you have different size / type driver PCB and MOSFET's are in 90 degree angle.:thinking:

EDIT
I couldn't find your diver mounting hole raster from OptLaser site..

EDIT 2
Might be contacting you with regard to your build...;) I'll probably modify it a little to fit my printer and print with advanced PLA. If that doesnt work Ill try PETG - never tried this material before though? :beer:

Since you own a 3D printer we could make few VER2 design prototypes and after succesfull 3D prototype we could ask if trinh hong phuoc could mill Al version of it? It probably dosn't cost too much from him..
:thinking:

PETG is unbelievable durable material but quite tricky to print, as I was told a from guy who did the printing job for me and BobMc..
Secondly, I made decision for PETG for host material because temperatures here are sub-zero most of the year. Aluminum is nasty to handle in -15*C. I also love PETG transcluency and the way laser glows through it.

Last edited:
Very true...Maybe I can email them for the info? I don't have your skills with modelling, so I would be much obliged if you were able to modify the design to fit the new driver! :worthy: :beer:

Just curious, didnt both you and Scout892 have issues with the Mosfets in your builds? I think you ended up using a thermal pad?

Very true...Maybe I can email them for the info? I don't have your skills with modelling, so I would be much obliged if you were able to modify the design to fit the new driver! :worthy: :beer:

Just curious, didnt both you and Scout892 have issues with the Mosfets in your builds? I think you ended up using a thermal pad?

there was small thermal gap between MOSFET's and heatsink, so we used thermal pads to close that small gap.. Works well :)

EDIT

You could try to print V2, I'll just need some time to finish the design.
But since you have 3D printer we can do tweaks on the fly..

RGB Ver2 >>>

EDIT2

Anthony, could you start a new thread to Vet section of your RGB project?!
Would be easier to go trough the project and we don't have to SPAM this thread...
Just a thought... :thinking:

Last edited:
V2 looks cool, but Id have to print it in parts as I can only print max 20 x 20 x 20 cm. 15 x15 x15 cm would better though, as bed levelling is a b*tch and difficult over the entire xy plane.

Edit: Sure no problem!

Last edited: