Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Blu-ray dilda SOLD

Laser is now sold

Up for grabs is a bluray dilda running at 110mA on a RKCSTR adjustable driver... Please note that the batteries will need to be recharged more often(than a normal dilda) to maintain the proper voltage required to run the driver.

Asking $65USD shipped anywhere. I can also have the warning label taken off upon request.

I will warrant this build for 20 days against any defects in workmanship or materials. This does not cover tampering with any components, abuse, misuse, etc. I can rebuild (if the warranted period has passed) for just the cost of parts and shipping.

To any prospective buyers; the contact spring on the driver has a tendency to bend sideways. Although it is a nuisance, it could potentially come in contact with the body and short out your batteries. When changing the batteries, please check to ensure the spring is not dangerously close to the body of the laser...

thanks

Attachments

• DSCN0058.JPG
    DSCN0058.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 82

Re: FS: Blu-ray dilda

I'm interested. What kind of batteries will I need?

Looks like a fair price but I dont have the money and well Australia customs lol

daguin

digital_blue said:
To any prospective buyers; the contact spring on the driver has a tendency to bend sideways. Although it is a nuisance, it could potentially come in contact with the body and short out your batteries. When changing the batteries, please check to ensure the spring is not dangerously close to the body of the laser...
thanks

It would make sense to fabricate some sort of support to control this. It could be a simple as a disc of plastic, with a hole in the center of it for the spring, cut to fit the barrel. Maybe something to support the driver so it can't flex to the side. Another thing you could do is simply encase the spring in shrink tubing to insulate it from the barrel wall.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=digital_blue link=1232659992/0#0 date=1232659992]
thanks

It would make sense to fabricate some sort of support to control this.  It could be a simple as a disc of plastic, with a hole in the center of it for the spring, cut to fit the barrel.  Maybe something to support the driver so it can't flex to the side.  Another thing you could do is simply encase the spring in shrink tubing to insulate it from the barrel wall.

Peace,
dave[/quote]
Or you could just line the inside of the barrel with a peice of plastic sheet or electrical tape... That's what i always do.

daguin

Spyderz20x6 said:
Or you could just line the inside of the barrel with a peice of plastic sheet or electrical tape... That's what i always do.

True Dat!  However, if the spring is "flexing" to the side it should still be controlled.  I have always considered "flexing" inside a laser to be a bad thing ;)

Peace,
dave

I've tried shrinkwrap thing before but it doesn't work well. I've also tried epoxying the spring to the driver but it doesn't seem to work either... I will try varnishing the inside of the barrel to avoid electrical contact...