Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 85mW 405nm solid AL barrel laser blue!! (SOLD)

jayrob

Re: FS: 85mW 405nm solid AL barrel laser blue!! (S

That's a good logic. Hey, when you get that 85mW blu-ray, and test the fluorescence on some rocks, I would be interested in buying a couple of rocks from you. Ones that would glow with the blu-ray.
Jay

daguin

jayrob said:
That's a good logic. Hey, when you get that 85mW blu-ray, and test the fluorescence on some rocks, I would be interested in buying a couple of rocks from you. Ones that would glow with the blu-ray.
Jay

PM me an address. I'll send some over. They're just rocks ;)

jayrob

daguin said:
[quote author=jayrob link=1206038511/30#32 date=1208237282]That's a good logic. Hey, when you get that 85mW blu-ray, and test the fluorescence on some rocks, I would be interested in buying a couple of rocks from you. Ones that would glow with the blu-ray.
Jay

PM me an address.  I'll send some over.  They're just rocks ;)[/quote]

Lol! That's cool... I'll PM you right away! I don't mind paying you for your trouble. Just let me know.
Thanks!
Jay

daguin said:
[quote author=jayrob link=1206038511/30#32 date=1208237282]That's a good logic. Hey, when you get that 85mW blu-ray, and test the fluorescence on some rocks, I would be interested in buying a couple of rocks from you. Ones that would glow with the blu-ray.
Jay

PM me an address.  I'll send some over.  They're just rocks ;)[/quote]

Daguin - I picked up an "old" rock collection from a flea market in town - damned nice mahogany case, lotsa neato looking rocks in there, I actually have not given them the blu treatment yet...but they are labeled - possibly even correctly...pardon my ignorance, but I gather you are a rock hound of sorts ? If so, or you have general knowledge of them, could I send you some pics possibly, or the info, etc to assist in identifying them ? I spent $20.00 for the case (did I mention the case ? LOL !) and have been oiling the case 3 times a week, the glow is REALLY popping out on it - I figured if nothing else, it could store magazines on the coffee table or something if the rocks were crap :D

daguin

[/quote]Daguin - I picked up an "old" rock collection from a flea market in town - damned nice mahogany case, lotsa neato looking rocks in there, I actually have not given them the blu treatment yet...but they are labeled - possibly even correctly...pardon my ignorance, but I gather you are a rock hound of sorts ? If so, or you have general knowledge of them, could I send you some pics possibly, or the info, etc to assist in identifying them ? I spent $20.00 for the case (did I mention the case ? LOL !) and have been oiling the case 3 times a week, the glow is REALLY popping out on it - I figured if nothing else, it could store magazines on the coffee table or something if the rocks were crap :D[/quote]

$20 for a mahogany case sounds like a good deal all by itself ;) The rocks are a bonus!

Rocks, minerals, gemstones, and jewelry are what I use to keep myself from running screaming into the hallways when a student asks me the same question that I've been answering for 20 years already. I would be pleased to help in any way I can. I am especially adept at identifying rocks that already have a label with them ;)

PM me, I'll send you my email address.

drlava

wow this thread really took off!
daguin, with a diverging lens you could probably use that laser to light up some minerals while/if spelunking for stones in caves. Is that in the plan? I included the aperture cap on the laser, to open it just slide your nail in the groove that's cut in it opposite the hinge.

daguin

drlava said:
wow this thread really took off!
daguin, with a diverging lens you could probably use that laser to light up some minerals while/if spelunking for stones in caves. Is that in the plan? I included the aperture cap on the laser, to open it just slide your nail in the groove that's cut in it opposite the hinge.

It wasn't the plan, but it will most certainly be done. I go to a pegmatite workshop end of May first of June. I can't wait to be underground, with no exterior light source, and everything turned off but the Blue-Ray. I imagine it will look like Merlin's Cave :eek:

Dang...Daguin, try to take some pics if possible, I'll bet that would be gorgeous !