Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 6X blu-Ray Dilda

daguin

**SOLD**

Here's a fun little one. I did some work for a member and he swapped me a broken Dilda for the work. I turned it into a 6X blu-Ray laser!

It has a GGW diode and a Rkcstr driver. It is powered by two CR2 3.7V rechargeable batteries. I set this one a bit more conservatively because I figured this is going to be a "playing/working" laser. It is putting out 160mW with the aiXiz acrylic lens. A low loss lens will get it right up around 200mW. It comes with two 3.7V rechargeable CR2 batteries and a charger for them. The first $150 gets it.

bludilda.jpg

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

daguin

Another GGW build, I think we've found Dave's favorite diode.

Nah -- I just found a baggie of em in the drawer and I already had the tools out . . . . .

I used to build a lot of lasers ;)

Peace,
dave

Yes, you would put this up the day after I buy a 6x from Drew D:. I like the dilda host a lot (dirty minds! not that way!), but I'm sure I'll be happy with Drew's work as well.

Thats 7.4 volts for the Rkcstr driver + 6x diode. Hmmm... not to long of a run time on single set of batt. Might have driver drop out issues if not to astute to battery run time.

This gives me an idea though.:)

daguin

Thats 7.4 volts for the Rkcstr driver + 6x diode. Hmmm... not to long of a run time on single set of batt. Might have driver drop out issues if not to astute to battery run time.

This gives me an idea though.:)
When working on your idea, keep this in mind. ;)

In CR2 rechargeable batteries there are two voltage models. There are 3.0V and 3.7V batteries. :D

The 3.0V batteries are 3.7V fully charged.

Fully charged 3.7V batteries (like these) put out 4.2V.

Fully charged this setup has 8.4V, not 7.4V. :whistle:

They are 600mAh batteries. You'll have to do the math to figure out run time. (1200mAh vs 190mA draw) :thinking:

Also, this is a Rkcstr linear driver, not a flexdrive. The output slowly goes down (like a flashlight) long before the driver "drops out" of regulation.

We have been using dual 3.7V rechargeable battery set-ups with the Rkcstr (and the DDL) since the days of the PS3 ;)

This battery/driver/diode configuration works just fine.

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
When working on your idea, keep this in mind. ;)
They are 600mAh batteries. You'll have to do the math to figure out run time. (1200mAh vs 190mA draw) :thinking:
The batteries are in series so together their capacity will still only be 600mAh, not 1200mAh. That's still pretty good run though, I'm sure this deal will be swapped up in no time. ;)