Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS >6W 450nm Laser *AUSTRALIA* - AU$400 OBO

NKO29

Hey guys, I have been absent from this forum for AGES now. I was recently going through my "junk" in my room and found a lovely empty host made by Sinner... I have built it with a NUBM44 450nm Laser Diode, running at 4.5A and using a G9 lens. the host takes 2x 18650 batteries and requires spacers as it's slightly too long to make contact with the batteries.
I am asking for $600AUD $500 incl postage, however I will take offers.
PICTURE TIME
Anyx6eu.jpg

NSkBDBR.jpg

i8BYtCU.jpg

aOEQL7K.jpg

BEAMSHOTS :drool:

Oversize images :-

http://imgur.com/OrRAtXi.jpg
http://imgur.com/xECMuPP.jpg
http://imgur.com/TQrZdlQ.jpg
http://imgur.com/LRcoGpc.jpg

Last edited:

Re: FS >6W 450nm Laser *AUSTRALIA* - AU$600 OBO

i'm currently at work so i can't see the picture....

which host was it?

Welcome back.

We've got quiet a few active Aussie members now.

me

Syko

Will Manner

RB astro

Badboybilly

and you.!!!

Last edited:

NKO29

Hey it's the Cypreus XXL made by sinner.
Yeah it seems the Aussies have picked up in numbers since I last was active, I only remember blaster and will manner :)

Hey it's the Cypreus XXL made by sinner.
Yeah it seems the Aussies have picked up in numbers since I last was active, I only remember blaster and will manner :)

is it the 26650 or 18650?

i'll be interest in it.

NKO29

it's the 2x 18650 host. It does require spacers for the batteries, or a spring soldered to either of the contact pads. Either my batteries are slightly shorter than usual or the host is slighty too long.

it's the 2x 18650 host. It does require spacers for the batteries, or a spring soldered to either of the contact pads. Either my batteries are slightly shorter than usual or the host is slighty too long.

sound good i'll be interest in grabbing it.... i always need some sample to build more of them.

NKO29

Bump + price drop :D

NKO29

Re: FS >6W 450nm Laser *AUSTRALIA* - AU$500 OBO

Bump...

Hi,
It's a nice build there a Sinner Cypreus XL .. Well one thing you will have to make the CU diode module flush with the front of the host for heat sinking the diode. It's not supposed to be sticking out like that, your diode will heat to much and deteriorate faster. And it wouldn't hurt to apply some Arctic Alumina to the CU module either..

Rich:)

NKO29

Hi,
It's a nice build there a Sinner Cypreus XL .. Well one thing you will have to make the CU diode module flush with the front of the host for heat sinking the diode. It's not supposed to be sticking out like that, your diode will heat to much and deteriorate faster. And it wouldn't hurt to apply some Arctic Alumina to the CU module either..

Yeah, the module I ordered had an extended barrel, and the damn thing wouldnt come off :O However... The heat transfer is fine, as the barrel is solid copper and the base of the diode is only a couple of mm from the main sink. Everything that is thermal pasted is. Runtimes are high and having measured the module's temp lifetime shouldnt be greatly affected.

Josh

EDIT: The host seemed to be designed for the module to be press fitted... Either that or a machining error of either the module or the host as it would not fit the hole without being pressed.

Last edited:

NKO29

BUMP + Pricedrop - $400

it is a press fit....

if you can stick the module right at where it belong i'm happy to buy it.

Hi Isaac,
I have 2 Sinner XL's and they are not press fit, maybe Sinner made a press fit at one time but i never seen them. Both of mine are 12mm / 4mm set screw type.

Hi Isaac,
I have 2 Sinner XL's and they are not press fit, maybe Sinner made a press fit at one time but i never seen them. Both of mine are 12mm / 4mm set screw type.

what does it look like at the back?

a copper switch or black plastic switch?

NKO29

Hi Isaac,

I believe it was a machining error TBH. That being said thermal performance is still great :)

And here's what my clicky looks like... https://imgur.com/a/ytS8I

Last edited:

We've got quiet a few active Aussie members now.

me

Syko

Will Manner

RB astro

Badboybilly

Well I wouldn't call myself all that active...

Personally the laser hobby just isn't as great an interest to me as it used to be for a number of reasons, study being the biggest barrier.

However I'm sure someone will snatch at the chance to own such a powerful laser, heck I thought 2W was plenty of power, never mind 6W :whistle: