Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 245mW 650nm Laser Diodes - $25

chido

Re: FS: 180mW 650nm Laser Diodes - $25

goldfingerfif said:
So you like my idea you seen in the other thread so much you steal it and then don't answer my question!?

Just wanted to throw my .02c in here. Goldfingerfif, THIS IS NOT YOUR IDEA, the idea of putting a resistor and a capacitor into a minimag has been discussed a lot of times before any of us even knew about this forum, you might have thought of it, but you aren't the only one who has.

People like this guy are the prostitutes of the laser industry.

He can't even be bothered finding out how to make the diode last. Hate to tell you mate but everyone here can get better deals, can build their own lasers better than yours and knows how to solder properly.

Anyone who can't, I will sell you a TRUE 250mw laser with an open can in it (as the VL diodes are only capable of 185mw TOPS) WITH a proper driver for a price significantly better than his.

and at 3 + volts from the batteries, the diode will receive about 310mA at peak, far too much for the poor thing. even being stressed like that i'd be surprised if it was more than 200mw.

jayrob

BlueFusion said:
People like this guy are the prostitutes of the laser industry.

He can't even be bothered finding out how to make the diode last. Hate to tell you mate but everyone here can get better deals, can build their own lasers better than yours and knows how to solder properly.

Anyone who can't, I will sell you a TRUE 250mw laser with an open can in it (as the VL diodes are only capable of 185mw TOPS) WITH a proper driver for a price significantly better than his.

and at 3 + volts from the batteries, the diode will receive about 310mA at peak, far too much for the poor thing. even being stressed like that i'd be surprised if it was more than 200mw.

I agree that the open cans are much better. But in defense of the Sony/Senkat diodes. (one of the good ones) I have found that at 294mA's (4.3 ohm resistor at the LM317), I am getting over 200mW's. Which is pushing it. But if it is heatsinked, and used on a 1 minute on/30 sec. off duty cycle. It is pretty good at that power...
Jay

I got some 10uF tantalum capacitors and hooked that up with a 2.2 ohm resistor and fit it all in the minimag! Success!!

All the miniMag Completed Lasers I sell from http://www.HighTechDealZ.com will have caps & resistors in the minimag from now on. Check em out, only $58.72 + 7.50 s/h.

that does not constitute a driver and with a 2.2 i doubt they'll give that much output.
Send one here to be reviewed and I'll return it mint condition.

BlueFusion said:
that does not constitute a driver and with a 2.2 i doubt they'll give that much output.
Send one here to be reviewed and I'll return it mint condition.

no.

and its a cap and resistor, not a driver.