Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 1W 808nm infrared laser pointer

Status
Not open for further replies.

btc5

For sale I have 1W laser pointer. This one is excellent for burning :eg:.

* Focus is adjustable from a from a dot to a spot (note: spot shapes are generally not symmetrical from high power IR diode lasers)
* Uses 3.7V 16340 (CR123 size) battery (supplied)
* Safety key-switch (removable in on or off position)
* Latching (click on / click off) red power switch
* Tests at 1000mW using thermopile laser power meter
* 23mm diameter x 165mm long

donkey.jpg

This is not a toy. Infrared laser are invisible. I do not sell people under 18. Buyer must provide a proof that he has protective googles.

Price is $180 or 150EUR. Shipping preferably to Europe. I accept Paypal.

:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:

ped

Approved.

Just come back from Praha as well ;)

B33M

Would u consider shipping to the us & if so shoot me a total with shipping please

rhd

That's a really neat laser. I did a micro-review of it here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/1w-dd-certified-power-808nm-ir-microreview-63449.html

Granted, $180 is a bit of an astronomical price (I paid $70 new), but it's a unique laser to be sure. I would probably emphasize that the buyer needs to have not just protective glasses (of the sort that you might have for 635s, etc), but protective glasses specifically rated for 808nm.

rhd

Still available:D

Just a friendly tip. It's probably still available because your asking price is so much higher than the price to just buy one new.

I got mine from DD when they still sold lasers. They don't anymore, but their "sub company" (or whatever they call it) still does, and the Power Certified version is $88:
Firedragon-VII 808nm 1000mw Flashlight Handheld Pure Infrared Laser Pointer Pen (Certified Power Guaranteed)

Nobody is a "fan" of these companies, so you could probably reasonably ask the same price as new (or maybe even $5 or $10 more). Some people may see some benefit in buying the laser from a forum member, instead of having to trust a Chinese laser seller.

But I'm sure that the jump from $88 new, to $180 for your used unit, is what has prevented this from selling.

Last edited:

btc5

I bought this for 150 EUR so I cannot cut price for the level you suggest.
I know that in USA you have it half-price. In Europe lasers are about two or more times more expensive. The professional laser market is here quite poor and pricey, even Hong Kong has better. That is why this is Europe sale.

Last edited:
That's unfortunate that you got hosed at that price but I doubt it's going to move unless you come down a lot. Cool laser though GL.

rhd

I bought this for 150 EUR so I cannot cut price for the level you suggest.
I know that in USA you have it half-price. In Europe lasers are about two or more times more expensive. The professional laser market is here quite poor and pricey, even Hong Kong has better. That is why this is Europe sale.

You actually bought it locally in Europe? It wasn't ordered from China?

The reality is that even if you did buy it locally in Europe, that's only because someone before you ordered it from China and then doubled the price to sell it to you retail/local.

The fact that you paid 2 or 3x the price that these go for online has nothing to do with the "laser market" in your area, that's just how retail/local sales work. A TrustFire flashlight that costs $20 online will sell at a camping store here in my country for $40 or $50. That has nothing to do with the "flashlight market" and whether it's poor or not. That's just the typical experience you'll have when comparing retail/local versus online sales.

Most importantly, the fact that you bought something retail/local doesn't mean you get to retain that higher price tag when you take the item back to the internet for resale. Tangiable goods don't have "price memory". The value of an item is determined by the market you sell it IN, not the market you bought it FROM.

The reality is that even limiting your sale to Europe, you're still selling your item in a market that includes the $88 alternative, because that $88 alternative is available for shipping to Europe. You might differentiate your offering by suggesting that your shipping time will be shorter, or that your LPMing of the laser (btw, you should post the chart) carries some added value. At the end of the day, the value of an item is basically determined by the cost of purchasing a comparable item from someone else in the market, with adjustments for any differences between the competing offerings (for example convenience, risk, etc).

Someone might look at your laser and think "gosh, I'd pay an extra $5 to have the laser arrive in 4 days instead of 2 weeks" or "gosh, even though the competing laser is supposedly power certified, I'd pay an extra $10 for a laser that has actually been LPM'd by a member on LPF". But nobody will say that those conveniences are worth massive gobs of money. They also won't adjust for differences that don't exist. No difference exists between two items merely because they sold for different prices previously. If I saved a gallon of gas from 1999 and went to sell it today, all that matters is the price of gas today. Nobody cares that I paid a different price for it originally, because gas doesn't have price memory ;)

Last edited:
It's ok rhd, you already made your suggestion, let him listen to it, or come to realize it later on his own. You can't rush teaching someone.

It sucks buying something for more than it's worth. I had an impulse buy for 24k gold-plated playing cards, only to realize a week later that I paid over 5x as much as I could have bought it from China. It happens.

MadEye

The Product Information Sheets he got are from Odic Force, you can see the beams in the logo of one picture... You can get this laser new for 90 GBP (115€ or 140$).

Odic Force shipps very cheap in Europe, also you get a brand new product with full customer service if there will be some problem...

You dont have to order this from china to get a better price then this.

Just my 2 cents...^^

Last edited:

btc5

You actually bought it locally in Europe? It wasn't ordered from China?

The reality is that even if you did buy it locally in Europe, that's only because someone before you ordered it from China and then doubled the price to sell it to you retail/local.

The fact that you paid 2 or 3x the price that these go for online has nothing to do with the "laser market" in your area, that's just how retail/local sales work. A TrustFire flashlight that costs $20 online will sell at a camping store here in my country for $40 or $50. That has nothing to do with the "flashlight market" and whether it's poor or not. That's just the typical experience you'll have when comparing retail/local versus online sales.

Most importantly, the fact that you bought something retail/local doesn't mean you get to retain that higher price tag when you take the item back to the internet for resale. Tangiable goods don't have "price memory". The value of an item is determined by the market you sell it IN, not the market you bought it FROM.

The reality is that even limiting your sale to Europe, you're still selling your item in a market that includes the $88 alternative, because that $88 alternative is available for shipping to Europe. You might differentiate your offering by suggesting that your shipping time will be shorter, or that your LPMing of the laser (btw, you should post the chart) carries some added value. At the end of the day, the value of an item is basically determined by the cost of purchasing a comparable item from someone else in the market, with adjustments for any differences between the competing offerings (for example convenience, risk, etc).

Someone might look at your laser and think "gosh, I'd pay an extra $5 to have the laser arrive in 4 days instead of 2 weeks" or "gosh, even though the competing laser is supposedly power certified, I'd pay an extra $10 for a laser that has actually been LPM'd by a member on LPF". But nobody will say that those conveniences are worth massive gobs of money. They also won't adjust for differences that don't exist. No difference exists between two items merely because they sold for different prices previously. If I saved a gallon of gas from 1999 and went to sell it today, all that matters is the price of gas today. Nobody cares that I paid a different price for it originally, because gas doesn't have price memory ;)

Can you please stop insulting me about price? If I have not enough money to buy I don't comment. Yoy are making a mess of my thread !!! If you are not interested to buy, don't comment. Go somewhere else to pester.

Last edited:

ped

He's pointing out (rightly so) that your asking an insanely high price for a laser thats available elsewhere for MUCH less....and no one likes getting ripped off.

If YOU dont like it, feel free to sell it elsewhere.

rhd

Can you please stop insulting me about price? If I have not enough money to buy I don't comment. Yoy are making a mess of my thread !!! If you are not interested to buy, don't comment. Go somewhere else to pester.

Trying to silence speech that simply points out information information to help a buyer evaluate your offering, earns you a neg-rep from me.

I would never neg-rep someone for setting a high price on their own item. That's their prerogative. But trying to silence the speech of someone who points the high price out, that is what earns you the negative feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.